Andre x f!reader with fluff/angst (pt1)

This was a request from RiseandReigns: In this Andre realizes he loves the reader too late after she gave up everything for him. I hope u enjoy!!!

This is a part one, part two is already in the works, it's just this chapter got so very very very long. But enjoy ya'll!

-----------------------------------------------------

New York City. Your city. You loved it so much. You grew up here, your family is in good wealth and of class, lots of acquaintances and one true friend. You had a love once, but it was gone before it began and you gave no part of your mind to it. It was over, a childhood infatuation and nothing more. Your mother desired you to marry, your father wanted you to be with someone you loved, said he had enough money so you didn't have to marry into wealth to survive. You started to not believe in true love when your father talked about marriage, but when your mother talked about it, it made you feel like you had to be comfortable with the idea of getting married, to be with someone you could tolerate till death did you part. A comfortable marriage, a livable one, a wealthy one. You would like to marry for love but love was so rare to find and so felt that a comfortable marriage was going to befall you and become your path.

"Are you ready for the party tonight?" your mother asked proudly. 

"I suppose." you respond continuing a game of cards with your best friend. "I have invited the officers. Maybe you will meet your husband tonight?" Mother takes the cards from your hand "Wear your best dress dear." She wanted you to agree. "Of course, Mother. I shall be in my best and most finest of jewels." you speak sarcastically and take the cards back. "Full Suit." you lay the cards down. Your best friend Gilbert just smiles. His father was a judge, a famous judge in New York. "I heard you and your family were also invited, please don't linger too close to my daughter, I want her to look available for the officers."

"You mean like on the market as if she a cow to buy for rich milk?" he joins in sarcastic attitude. Your mother rolls her eyes and crosses her arms and storms out the room with heavy foot work. "Just get ready."

"How on earth did that creature marry your father?" Gilbert grumbled. "It was arranged. I suppose that is why he wishes I marry for money, he didn't get to marry for that, mother got what she wanted from a marriage... money and security." you look to him. "Do you wish to marry?"

"Why, you asking for my hand in marriage [y/n]?" he jokes. "No. Just I don't know if I want too." you sit up and make way to your room. "I'm glad you brought your wardrobe."

"Imagine her look when we both descend the stairs, to ride to this special ever so important party of hers." he takes you by the arm and you both get ready for the party. Gil was a great friend, the only true friend you had, it was nice, if men were creepy in public or watching you too weirdly he would step up and call you his wife and the men would back off a huge chunk of the time. 

"[y/n], lets go!" your mother shouted. You stood atop the stairs with your hand around Gilberts arm. "Ready mother." she looks up and scoffs as you and Gil give a smug look. "It would be rude not to offer a friend of the family a ride, especially with the room we have in the-"

"He is not- he is your friend dear."

"He is my friend," your father joins. "Its improper, we have room Wife, after all, he is a family friend." your father gives you a smile. You descend the stairs and soon into ride. You sat across from your father. He had a look of pride on his face. Once you arrive and enter the home of one General Howe. You see a room of men in red uniform. You saw some other women there so you though that would help distract some of the men and turn their eyes away from you.

General Howe approached. "Welcome Judge [y/l/n], I see this is your lovely wife Olla and wonderful daughter."

"Indeed. Olla, [y/n], may I introduce you to General Howe." your mother curtsied and you bowed your head lightly making eye contact, "it's an honor General."