Reader x John Andrí

[A/N] I hope you like this, it's short but sweet. It's not my best, it's not as long as I hoped it would be, I might add more to this later and make it longer.
Also, I'm sorry this took so long, I have been busy with work and school...so many essays and tests... I do apologize.
Well, I hope you enjoy this anyways.
Thank you folks!
----------
You found that you were quite confused upon receiving a letter from one, John Andrí, inviting you and your parents to a dinner.
You knew your family was rich and well known, they made the wine and best fabrics in the colonies, so to invite your parents you understood, but you?
You sat in the coach as mother smiled at you. "You know, (cute nickname she calls you like: pumpkin or somen'), I hear this, John Andrí is a very handsome man."
"Handsome men can be cruel mother, and forgetful towards those they loved."
"That was only Betty's husband."
"Not just cousin Betty, but Eliza and Susanna too." You contradicted
Your mother grabbed your hand, "If he is not right for you, just be kind for the night? Okay, (nickname)."
You smile, "Yes, mother."
"It's a shame your father couldn't come, he is so ill. But, tonight you will begin your leadership over the business."
"Yes, of course mother." You arrive at the house and go to the door. A tall strapping man in a Red Coats uniform opens the door. "Ah, Mrs. and Miss [Y/L/N]." He kisses yours and your mothers hand. "I see no Mr. [Y/L/N]..."
"Father got stuck at work, he will be late." You found you couldn't look away from him, this handsome man must be John Andrí. He smiles at you. "Please, come in." You see other generals and lieutenants at the table, as well as cousin Susanna. "Sue." you hug her. You see her husband isn't present. "Where is Malcom?" You ask
"He died in battle, I am here with my new date." She blushes and smiles. John Andrí walks in and taps his empty wine glass with a spoon. "Lady's, gentlemen, I have brought you all here for a reason. You have an importance to the King's Army." He began thanking people for there service then he looked to your mother. "Mrs. [Y/L/N], your husband, thanks to his wine business, he has been able to smuggle essentials across lines. Thank you." You stood up and walked out the room as John continued. Susanna followed you. "[Y/N]! Can I talk to you?"
"No, I just found out my father was a smuggler, and now I will be too."
"Me too, with our banking business. We might fake money and such other business. But, I want to talk to you about my soon to be husband, you are a great judge of character, I want you to meet him."
"Fine."
"You can come out." Sue says.
You see a small, short red coat man, your best friend. "Oliver." You smile. You turn to Susanna, "This one is okay." Susanna hugs you as John Andrí walks in. "This is why you left the room? I have to ask what's going on."
"My cousin, Susanna is getting married to this man."
"Lieutenant Oliver? Congratulations, at dinner we will toast to your engagement." Susanna and Oliver leave the room, Andrí holds out his arm as music begins to play. "Care to dance?"
"I suppose." You hold his arm as you two walk out to the dance floor.
"I must ask, I saw your father coughing blood when I last saw him, Will he be late as you said or not show up at all?"
"I am afraid, he can't show. He hasn't left bed in days."
"I'm sorry to hear that, you will send him my-"
You cut him off. "I will, Mr. Andrí. I know." You frown a bit, your father was very ill. "I did think he will get better soon, be back in business, in the meanwhile, I will be in charge."
"How grand, your father speaks highly of you." You and Andrí stop dancing. "He does?" You ask.
"He does, I'm excited to be working with you." He kisses your hand again and walks away. Your mother rushes to your side. "Told you He was handsome, and he's a gentlemen."
"He is...isn't he..." you blush.
You start dinner, He congratulates Susanna and Oliver, and he even mentions how you will be leading the wine business. You notice he couldn't keep his eyes off you. You would try hard not to look at him, but failed every time. You smiled a lot at him, and him to you.
The night ended and he takes you to your coach.
The whole ride home, you felt this lightness inside you, a butterfly feeling in your chest and stomach. He was in your thoughts, you couldn't stop thinking about him.
***
It had been two months sense the dinner and working with Andrí was truly something. You got along great and he often played music for you. He even wrote a song just for you, you loved it.
You and Andrí had been seeing each other outside of work, your father was getting better and he approved of Andrí. "He's a great husband, a loyal and good, smart man." He said.
You worried about the smuggling business at first, you feared getting caught and killed. But, all you could think was that Andrí would be there, and he'd protect you.
You began your way to his house with a poem you wrote, though you had been seeing Andrí out of work hours and your father approved of him, it wasn't official that you were romantic. Yes, he wrote you a song, but he could do that for any woman. You wanted to be sure, to make it official. He was the only man that made you feel that way, warm inside.
You knocked on the door and he opened it. "Ah, Miss [Y/N], come in, your early for our nesting."
You follow him inside. "Well, we have a lot to discuss. Firstly, all the stocks came in, we have more than enough provisions for your men and some. Secondly, the numbers are rising, we will be fine for the next month. Lastly, I have a gift for you."
"Can we discuss the gift first?" He smiles and walks to you, he sees all the papers in your hands, he sees a single letter poking out. "What's that letter?"
"That would be the gift." You Hans it to him, he opens it kindly and pulls out the paper.
He looks down at the paper and as he reads he begins to smile and blush a small bit. "You wrote this?"
"I did."
"It's, very beautiful. I do admire it, I hope it's about me." He holds the poem close to his chest.
You blush. "Well, maybe it is." You step closer to him. "I have enjoyed our time out of work and I hope it will be more frequent."
"And it will, I hope your father approves."
"He does."
Andrí stands closer to you, he places his hand under your chin and lifts your face to his. Your lips meat, the kiss is soft and sweet. Gentle and welcoming. A loving kiss.