Simcoe x Reader

This was a request from shadowsstudios231. Took me a long while to get the right theme but I got there and I think its cute. A bit rushed but it is cute, fluff. I hope you like it :3

In this one you are the daughter of one of the first Royal Army Drill Sergeants of the War who was sent to Setauket to train new redcoats. What ever will happen between you and Captain Simcoe? (Fun Fact: the first Drill Sergeant in America was in the Revolutionary War, A Prussian named General Von Steuben in the continental Army with George Washington)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your father was a Brigadier General under King George the third. Your father moved to the colonies before you were born, he wanted to retire, and he did for a while, but once the revolution began he was called back into service once more to train the new men the King was sending over from the mainland. He told your father in a letter to leave New York and move to Setauket Long Island to train the new men where there was lots of room for then to train and sleep. You came along with.

Your father was upset but had to do his duties. You were just going with the flow, your mother was angry. She loved the city, going to the shops, and now she would be going to a small town that smelt of fish. Father and mother never really got along, there marriage was arranged by there parents when they were kids. But they did love you and your little brother. Your brother was a mama's boy, you were daddy's little girl. He favored you, said he say lot of himself in you. You said similar things he would say, act like him, sit like him, you were like a clone.

As you began approaching the small quaint town of Setauket you could smell the sea salt in the air, the breath of the sea. The cold air on your face. "We are here." your father grumbled. "So it would seem." your mother added on. "Looks sad." your brother joked. 

You arrived at your new home and looked up at the two story building. "Its quite nice." The building looked like Whitehall, a place you and father visited in Setauket before moving officially, though it looked just like Whitehall the shutters of the building were dark green. It was lovely, inviting. "Let us move in. The furniture is already inside." your father grumbled. 

You found your room and set up your personal belongings. Tomorrow you wanted to go into town to introduce yourself and meet the people. get to know them and hopefully make some friends. You got ready for bed, and rested.

You awoke and grabbed a plaid dress [any color] and scarf on account of the cold weather caused by the wind coming from the water across the way. Oceans, Lakes, Rivers, they all tended to bring wind, not always, but when they did it was always piercing cold. You told your mother and father you were going to town to know the locals before the new soldiers came the next day. You grabbed a notebook before heading out to take notes. 

You came across a tavern and wondered inside to see lots of the regular soldiers. A woman walked up to you. "Can I help you Miss?"

"Yes, I was wondering if I could have a drink?" You didn't want to just be straight forward and ask her her name. She took you to a small table in the corner and asked what you wanted. "[Drink of choice]." you said, she walked away and came back shortly with the drink. "Might I ask your name Miss-?"

"Anna. Anna Strong. Might I ask the same?"

"[y/n], [y/f/n]." 

"You must be the daughter of the Brigadier General then, yes?"

"That would be correct. I was hoping to get to know some of you, the people of the town before it becomes flooded with soldiers."

"We are a small town, you should know us all by day's end." She smiled and walked away to tend to other customers at the tavern. You wrote down her name and that she worked at the tavern. As you were righting that down you noticed some of the soldiers looking at you. One was staring intently, eyes fixated unlike any other eyes that have looked and gazed at you before. You turned your head slightly but casually to get a better look of the man. He was pale in skin tone, clearly would be tall if standing, powdered wig, big bright blue eyes, and long face. Strong looking hands, and you could see his brain thinking behind those staining eyes.