Andre x f!reader with fluff/angst (pt2)

This is part two of a request for RiseandReighs, I hope you like it!

Enjoy Folks!

--------------------------------------

You had been writing to Lieutenant Weswood for a month now and sending the letters along with your own message to Major Andre. You missed him so much everyday and today was the day the Lieutenant would be arriving in New York, you and your Mother road out to pick him up and he would be staying at your home at invitation from your mother. Before you got into the coach you saw she was in a bigger skirt than usual, it was wide and just too much. "I can't believe he is a Lieutenant now. I remember when he first came to our home he was just a rich, wealthy, important young man."

"I remember mother." you speak softly. Why did she have to walk in when you were writing to him. "I am quite surprised you wrote to him, but I am proud. His family is wealthy, greatly."

"His father is wealthy." you add. "Still, he can become more." she looked out the coach window. "I see him. He looked more mature but the same, how lucky for you." she rushed out the coach and over to him. "Welcome back to New York Lieutenant." He smiled lightly at her before making eye contact with you. "Pleasure to see you again." he kissed your hand. "Your letters brought me great joy."

You mother looked at him and then to you. She mumbled joy to herself. You knew she would now add to your fear Weswood still had feelings for you, you saw in his eyes he still did, and now your mother would try and pair the two of you together. Your mother lead him to the coach and the obscurity of the skirt she was wearing became clear, she wanted to take up space so Weswood would have to sit next to you.

You were sure he was enjoying being right next to him. "Thank you again for inviting me to stay at your home."

"It is an honor Lieutenant." your mother cheered, looking at you to say something. "I am glad you will share my home." you forced through your teeth. The ride home was long, your mother kept talking about how much you have grown into a fine young lady, he would add onto the conversation saying how your letters were a delight to read and how he was most grateful to talk to you in person and that you were so much more than what he remembered you as.

Over the next three months it quickly become apparent to you that it would be difficult to keep him at a distance while also engaging in conversation to see how the army was doing and if he would become double like how Andre wanted of him. You mother was eager for an engagement announcement. Gilbert was a safe haven for you, often staying with him and spending long amounts of time with him. Your father was unsure of such and announcement, every time mother talked about it he would look for you reaction, he saw in your eyes that Weswood did not hold your heart. He was trying to hold off your mother, saying you were still young and needed to find who you were before marrying someone. "But he is here and that Major is not, besides, I learned about his..." she whispered, "back ground." she sipped her tea. "The Lieutenant is from a great background and very English and his family has fought for the king for five or so generations. He is the more suitable match for our daughter." she ate her biscuit. "And that is final Husband."

"Olla. It has to be her choice! Look at our marriage."

"It is comfortable. A content marriage. What ever marriage she would end up in would be like ours." she rushed out the room as you came from around the corner where you hid listening in on their conversation. "Thank you for trying, Father."

"Just promise me you will marry for love." he hugged you tight. You hugged back feeling like a scared little girl as the thought of marrying Weswood crossed your mind. "I promise."

The next day you traveled to Gilberts house and before you could even nock on the door Gilbert threw the door open with the biggest smile on his face, he was hardly even dressed yet, his shirt open at the top. "I have a gift for you."