Reader x Townsend: the boiled eggs-Part two

Sorry this one took so long, I honestly had two different ways I wanted it to go. One of which was sad, I decided not to do the sad one. Thanks to docshollidaze btw for reminding me I never finished part two of this story. Part one was a long time ago, one of the earlier chapters, reread it if you'd like, or not, it is all up to ya'll.

:) Enjoy, "Is There Something Wrong With The Eggs I Boiled For You?" part two.

--------------------

You pulled back from your kiss. "Sorry, didn't mean to kiss you so quickly."

Robert put his hand under your chin and pulled you back in for another kiss. 

 You both pull away and look into each others eye. His warm hands holding your own. "Lets go to bed, tonight." you smile, your checks flush red. "We can just lay next to each other."

"I would like that." Robert kisses your forehead. "I have to get back to work, [y/n] Townsend." He slowly lets you go to walk back down to the coffee shop. You go down and begin helping printing. Mr. Mulligan came by once and introduced himself to you. 

Soon, General Arnold turned from Blue to Red. Not too soon after, he began, 'Spy Hunter General', you feared for yourself and Robert especially after Mr. Mulligan had been dragged out of the establishment. What if you were found out? What if Robert was? Could you live with that? Live without him?

When night fell Robert came into the room to see you had been crying. "[y/n]? What is wrong?" He quickly rushed to you. You sat on the edge of the bed, he got on his knees and held your hands in his own. "Your hands are cold."

"I'm fine."

"[y/n], I can see very clearly that you are not."

"I just." you pull your hands away and cover your eyes, cupping them, "I worry."

Robert put a blanket on you and sat next to you, holding you close. "Worry?"

"What if we get caught? What if you get caught? I can't live without you...because what if they only suspect you? I don't want you to go down alone...I don't want to see a rope around your neck..."

"Oh, [y/n], I promise you we will be fine. We will be safe. Woodhull has made it this far."

You smile a bit. "Yeah...just promise me. We go down...together."

"I can't... I can not promise that."

"Husband and wife. We go down, together." 

"We aren't even married yet and you want to be with me...in everything."

"In everything." 

"I promise." He turns his head and kisses your forehead. "Come, lets go to bed."

As time passed Mulligan got released and Robert finally came around to visiting him on Queens Street. Mulligan and Cato informed Robert about how Rivington was printing a way for the Navy to communicate with each other. Robert wanted to mix up the signals. The flags. He took his hand into yours, "[y/n], they will trace this back to us, do we want to do this?"

"Of course. This is not just for the cause but for us." You both head down and begin tossing the old papers into the stove. Print and mix. Toss. Print. As you and Robert toss more paper into the fire you look at each other. "I know." Robert whispers. This gave you reassurance to keep going. Despite the fear building in your chest, his little 'I know' was all you needed. You kissed his lips.

Just then Mr. Rivington came down the stairs. "Turn down that blasted---!" He looked to see you too standing in shock. "What is going on here?" Rivington walked to one of the hanging papers. "No. No. No. No. No, this is all wrong. It's all-..." he turned to face the both of you. "You are both spy's, aren't you?"

"Nelly had nothing to do with this."

"Robert!" 

"I dragged her into this."

"Robert. Stop. What are you doing?" You grabbed Roberts arm tight.  Rivington sat down. "Robert. Nelly. Let me tell you something. There was a time when the Royal Gazette wasn't...so royal. Once it was even. Equal. Unbiased. Just truth, for just a short time. The Sons of Liberty disagreed. They chose for me. Based of your faces, someone chose for you." Rivington slouched in his chair. You and Robert just said nothing. Rivington stood up and grabbed paper and quill. "You will sign your share of the partnership to me, then, you and Nelly will flee." He held the quill out to Robert. Robert turned to look at you. You gave him reassurance that Rivington would give time for you two to leave. Robert took the quill and signed it over. Rivington rolled up the paper as Robert held your hand and began to lead you and him up the stairs when, "Wait." Rivington spoke. "You aren't finished. I would be a shame to waste good paper. Just turn the stove off when you are both done." 

"What will you say of our departure?" Robert asked.

"Say you are going home, to marry in the place you grew up." Rivington left up the stairs. You and Robert faced each other and hugged in a happy embrace. You kicked your legs into the air as Robert spun you. He set you down and kissed you. You both quickly pull from the kiss and continue.

You hung the last one. Robert turned off the stove. You both went to your room and packed up your things. "[y/n], everything will be okay."

"It will..." you smile, he holds his hand to your face. "...let us marry as soon as we can...if the war is somehow lost, I want to at least be your wife...when...when..."

"[y/n], we wont be found out. The war will be won, Washington will win, because of us...let us marry, just for us. For no one else. For no other reasons." He reached into his pocket, it was a perfect ring. Simple, but elegant. He put it on your finger. You both lay down on the bed. "For us..." you whisper to yourself. "... for tomorrow we leave."

You and Robert left out the doors and began your journey to Oyster Bay.

You got to meet Samuel, father to Robert. He was pleased to meet his future daughter in-law in just a matter of days. 

The war was won.

The war is over.

Robert played one last chess game with Abraham.

You married Robert.

A few months passed and a gift was presented to you. You had to quickly sneak out of bed and make your way to the kitchen. You boiled an egg and put a message in it. You were with child.

"Good morning, [y/n]." Robert sounded tired. Drowsy. 

"Morning Robert. Made you breakfast." You giggled a bit.

"I was wondering why you had sneaked out of bed." He peeled the shell. A huge smile on his face, he looked to you almost in shock, wondering if it was true. 

"Is there something wrong with the eggs I boiled for you?" you giggled, so mush joy in your voice. Robert rushed out of his chair, he picked you up into the air and spun you. Lowering you down he kissed your lips. "Nothing wrong at all." he said with so much joy it could melt your heart, "Nothing wrong at all."

---------------------

And fin! Sorry, I sort of rushed this a bit. However, it was the happy ending. Let me know if you want the alternate reality that is not so happy, in fact, very sad. Enjoy, have a great day folks!