Hewlett x Reader part 4

Sorry it took so long but I hope you enjoy this, I did. ♥️

Thank you to MegLPie, Bucky_Barnes_1917, and LadyLizabet_101 for waiting and being patient with this chapter. Enjoy!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You were close to reaching home from your selling in New York. The selling of your crop went great, however, you had no information to give Abe to give to Washington. It was rather disappointing, but you couldn't wait to give Hewlett a secret little book you bought him with lots of Greek Tales and Urban Legends. You figured he might like it. 

You approached White Hall and put the book into your satchel and walked up to the door. Lieutenant Weswood was there. What is he doing here? You wondered. "Excuse me." You push past him and open the door, he was about to say something when you did that and was about to speak again when you yelled out for Hewlett. "Major?" nothing. "Major Hewlett?"

"Miss Woodhull. The Major is not here."

"Is he hunting then? Perhaps at his-" you were cut off as Weswood grabbed your arm and spun you to face him. "He was taken by the Rebels." Your heart dropped. "Taken? What do you mean taken by the rebels?"

"Not only that but your brother, Abraham was caught as a spy in New York, while you were there." He said it so casually, like it was no big deal. "While I was there? You sure?"

"Indeed." he said bluntly. You pulled away and slid down against the wall. You lost your brother and Hewlett? Edmund... how... "How...?"

"They believed him to be responsible for an attack on-"

"Ed-Major Hewlett would never attack, that is not who he is or how he would handle things. He thinks things through, logically, methodically." You stood up. "They have the wrong man!" Your Father enters. You rush to him. "Can you write to those holding Abe?"

"They will see it as favoritism and that he is my son, and-"

"And? And what?" You took breath. "You can sit and do nothing but I am going to do something." You begin to walk towards the door but are blocked by Lieutenant Weswood. "I am to protect all persons in this house."

"I do not live here. I have a cow to feed since Anna knows I am back she wont visit Bessy anymore. Excuse me."

"I will inform her. Follow me to your old bedroom. Actually, I will follow you Miss Woodhull." You scrunch your face in disgust. You walk up the stairs and to your room, when he left to tell Anna about Bessy you could leave and- wait- did he just lock the door behind you? You try to open the door. He did! That bastard! You angerly began to walk around your room-sit and angerly plot his murder- pace around- sit and angerly think of how to escape. Maybe I should just break the window? Dad surly can afford to fix it. You thought. You looked to the window. "Yeah, I'm just gonna break it."

MEANWHILE

Hewlett was stripped of his cloths and tossed into a wood prison with the tongue of the man he supposably killed. Just a thin wool blanket was all he was given. He looked up at the stars, every time he did he saw you. Thought of you. How could he not? You were as beautiful and brilliant as the stars. Just as bright. To him the whole galaxy was nothing in comparison to you. That was what he would hold onto. To get thru this. "[y/n]." 

RETURN

You looked around to see what to use to break the window. You took a hefty book and prepared to throw it. But you realized. Where would you go? What would you do? What was the plan? You had no idea where he was being held and by what continental group, your horse was exhausted from coming back here. You looked to the book sadly and tossed it onto your old bed. You crashed back first onto the bed. "I will find you. I will come get you. I promise." you say grabbing the book you got for Edmund from your satchel and held it on your chest close to your heart. You closed your eyes.