Simcoe x Reader PT TWO

PART TWO IS HERE BB! LETS GOOOOOOOOOOO

Sorry it took so long, I had big righters block. But It is all good now.

Lowkey smut warning but not really? I did rush the ending but I might fix it later on. Who knows? BUTT! Enjoy folks!

-------------------------------------

Some time passed. You were now in New York after the redcoats, lead by Cook, came to Setauket to give you all a good lecture with a side of discipline. The Captain was upset about it for sure, made moral low for a bit. You set up shop by Holy Ground, ladies of the night constantly talking to you. Men making wagers and gambling, you would want to join but Simcoe would always make you watch. He insisted that you guard him constantly. You couldn't catch a break. He would win every gamble, every card game. He would turn and smile at you every time he won. Checking your reaction. Was this a joke to him? Some sort of punishment? Showing of him winning while you stand and cannot join in? What was going on in his head?

Finally you got a break. Odell took your place and you quickly rushed to Falkoff to talk to him. He sat on some stairs with bread, snacking away.  "Hey. Can I join you?" you ask, He then scooted over as to let you sit next to him, he breaks the loaf of bread, or what's left of it, to you. "Simcoe has you guarding him a lot."

"Yeah, and it's getting on my nerves. Why me?"

"Well, you sometimes loose the fake Scotts accent around him. Maybe he thinks you spy? Or-"

"is catching on that I am a woman?" you mumble. "Do I really loose the accent?"

"Sometimes." He takes a bite of bread. You do so too. "You have to be careful [y/n]." You nod your head in agreement. You and Falkoff continue to talk while Simcoe stares from where he sat, playing another round of a game, only half paying attention this go round. He looked on as you and him shared bread and talked. He had to take action, and soon, This was enough. Silly of him to try and impress you playing simple games when he didn't even tell you he admired you, liked you yet. Wanting to ask you about his theory, was he correct? That you were a woman after all?

You and Falkoff chatted, wondering what was next for the rangers, where you would go? Then Falkoff asked you out of the blue what you planned to do after the war? You hadn't thought about it, hadn't thought that far. It felt like the war wouldn't stop. You took a moment to think. He then offered that you and him live together, just as friends, he quickly added. "Yeah. I wouldn't mind that." you said. You had to admit he was cute, but you couldn't ignore the fact that you were close to Simcoe. That you had feeling for him, you tried to ignore them, but what could you do? What was possible? 

Simcoe then got up and took Odell with him, he had a letter in his hand so he was summoned somewhere. Most likely by Benedict Arnold. He took Odell and Brandon, he didn't ask you to come like he usually did. Was he upset with you?

Falkoff took notice too. "Wonder what that was about?" he said. "Yeah, I wonder too..." you then took a deep sigh. He soon returned and said that Woodhull and his father were going to be traded for 500 pounds and Lieutenant Brewster. He told Falkoff he would go and take some men. Falkoff was about to ask if he could bring you to help since he trusted you but Simcoe quickly shot him down, "No. [y/false/n] will remain here. You may go, Falkoff." He said it loud enough for you to hear from where you stood. You knew something was up for sure. He made eye contact with you as he walked by, "Follow me [y/false/n]."

"Yes, Captain." You proceeded to follow him around the corner of the building. "Sir, might I ask as to why I am not allowed to go with Falkoff and the others on the mission?" You asked, fearing he was punishing you or mad at you for something like you theorized. Or that maybe you would be removed from the rangers. Left on your own again, to be on the streets.  "You will be my alibi. Nothing personal to you. Since that seems to be what is worrying you. You think I am isolating you don't you?"