Reader x Townsend (part 1)

Request has been answered lovelies! Enjoy folks :D

------------------------------

You sat in a coach gifted to you from your late husband. Across from you was your childhood best friend, Abraham. Abe had asked if you wanted to help in his little spy ring, and you agreed. Abe was reluctant to ask you to pretend to be a suitor for his co spy, a one, Robert Townsend. Your husband died just four months ago. You loved him, but your sadness could be set aside for your country. What else is there worth fighting for? "Thank you for bringing me to New York." Abe mumbled.

"No worries Abe. Let us go over this again. I am Mr. Townsend's lover?"

"Yes, in his note he said he called you Nelly, like his dog."

"His? Dog? No one knows of this dog I hope."

"No, no one." Abe looked out of the coach window. "Oh, we're here."

~~~~~LATER

You looked up at the building of brown wood. Red coats at every corner and window. You were a bit nervous but ready. "I will go inside and get him ready, tell him what you look like and such."

You nodded slightly, letting Abe know you understood. After a good few minutes you walked inside. A red coat stood from his seat and walked towards you. "What is a fine and fair woman such as yourself doing here?"

"I am here to meet someone."

"That someone is me." A stranger stepped in kindly, "Good day, Nelly."

"Robert." you smiled.

A tall man came between you and Robert. "Is this Nelly? Robert you never said she was so lovely." he kissed your hand. "Nelly, this is Mr. Rivington."

"Pleasure to meet you, sir."

"Oh, please! No need to call me 'Sir', Rivington is fine." the man, Rivington turned to Robert. "Did you say, Good day? to her? Are Quakers so formal even to partners?" he quickly turned back to you. "Where will you be staying, Nelly."

"Robert has booked me a room-"

"Booked you a room? Where? No, no, no, no, no! You will stay here with him, run upstairs you two." You looked to see Roberts face, he was clearly uncomfortable. "Ah, yes, lets." You grabbed Robert by the arm and you both went up the stairs, Robert opened a door. He gestured his hand to the open room. "Out of curiosity, is that man always like that?"

"Afraid so." He grabbed a pillow and blanket from a closet drawer and tossed them to the floor. "You're on the floor?"

"I do not wish to be in the bed and you on the floor."

"I suppose me sneaking out to the room you booked me would be risky?"

"Indeed. Besides, if we stay in the same room they are more likely to believe we are...we are...uh...um..."

"in love?" you finish. There was knocking at the door. "Its me. I have your luggage." it was Abe. You opened the door. He had two suitcases with him. One big one small. "You grabbed the small one and placed it on the bed and opened it to reveal paper, invisible in and music sheets. "I suppose I should head back, before its too late."

"Go Abe, just use my coach." Abe walked out the door.

"Robert, Abe told me that you once told Mr. Rivington that a music sheet was for 'Nelly', that is what we will keep using. While I am here, I bring with me blank paper with invisible writing, and emergency letters you will send while I am gone will be one the music sheets."

"That sounds nice."

"I will remain up here, get thinks ready and put stuff way. Continue with your work."