Reader x Townsend: Is there something wrong with the eggs I boiled for you?

[A/N] This was a request, they wish to be anonymous but enjoy!

You often helped Washington with his business involving the war, but you never expected him to make you a spy of all things. He put you into the Culper Ring as, Nellomina Redwood, a loyalist and love interest to Robert Townsend. You grew up together, he calls you Nelly, and he often writes you musical sheets and notes. Today is the first day you'll meet this, Robert Townsend.
You walked into New York and immediately RedCoats looked at you.
"Hey there fair lady!"
"Look boys! A red mama!"
They called you names and whistled at you, they noticed the pin, a loyalist pin Washington stole and gave to you to wear. You rolled your eyes and smiled, you began to walk faster running into a tall gentlemen. "Oh sorry there!" He boomed.
"No I'm sorry," you decide to role with what you got, "But, could you help me? My name is Nellomina, Nellomina Redwood and I'm looking for-"
"Wait!" He stops you. "Your Roberts Nelly, are you not?"
He knows Robert, you thought to yourself. "Yes."
"I'm Mr. Rivington, business partner to Robert, this way." You follow the man, what luck you bump into him. He walks you inside and see a man at pouring drinks. "Robert!" Mr. Rivington bellows, "look who is here!"
You wave. "Oh." Robert responds
"That glad to see your lovely Nelly?" Mr. Rivington says happily.
Robert walks to you and takes your hand not before some redcoats tease Robert. He takes you outside, "Who are you?"
"My name is [Y/N], but my code name is Nellomina Redwood, we have been friends since childhood. I will come here and you'll hand me the information from now on so you don't have to sneak out, I have many a hidden pockets, they'll never know."
Robert sighs, "Alright." He then walks inside and you rush after. "Mr. Rivington, I never properly introduced Nelly, Nelly this is Mr. Rivington, my business partner."
Mr. Rivington takes your hand and kisses it, "Quite the beautiful woman you got here. How did you ever win her heart?" He teased Robert.
"I've known her sense we were kids."
You continued "We were friends that grew something more over time." You both smiled, he quickly began to poor drinks and you into the newsroom to print papers, Mr. Rivington was surprised at your work.
At the end of the day, you said goodbye to Robert and began your way to a hotel spot to sleep.
***
Many nights and days passed and you with Robert had become a great team.
But, you began to develop feelings towards Robert, like you were becoming Nelly, his one true love.
It got harder to play the role, you would just sit upstairs and wait conversing with yourself on how to tell Robert you liked him. You had no idea if he liked you back, he was such a closed book.
Today would be like any other day. You walked in and Robert smiled at you and gave you a hug. "I'll be downstairs, when we head upstairs I'll need to talk to you."
"Like usual?" He asks
"Yes." You quickly walk off but see the two RedCoats that had catcalled you when you first arrived in New York. One licked is lips and the other looked at you from top to bottom, checking you out for a full view. Robert walked over and kissed your cheek, almost making sure they saw you.
That made you feel safer but also kind of scared, you walked down and began your work. Every time you printed the paper you would sneak peeks, eventually if you made enough papers you could read the hole thing and gain information.
The day went slow, and you got nothing from today's paper, you walked up to see the two redcoats had gone. You walked upstairs to see Robert in his room writing away with the invisible ink. "I have nothing today, do you?"
"No."
"I shall go then..."
"Wait." He pauses. "Those men, they won't be bothering you."
You blush and smile. "Thank you, really, but..." your unsure if they are outside, you want to ask Robert to escort you home. "Could you...escort me home?"
"Afraid they'll follow you?"
You nod your head and he walks over to you and takes your arm and you two are out the coffee house doors.
You walk inside and he walks away.
You begin to exchange information via hard boiled eggs and letters written with invisible ink. Meeting in person had become to real, you and Robert had found it easy acting like a couple in love, then again, you did love him. Helping the cause, the revolution, only be August you too together and made your heart sing when you saw Robert, even when you had no information, you still got to see him.
You walked into the coffee house and gave the signal to Robert to meet in his room and to bring food, you two had name several different signals, simple but easy to understand but casual enough that others wouldn't pick up on it.
You entered his room and began to write at his desk, you started writing about 'wedding plans' Mr. Rivington walked in so you had to show you were working on something, he soon left as soon as Robert walked in the door.
Robert closed the door behind him and set a basket next to you. "Do enjoy the food, [Y/N]."
"I will, thank you Robert." You day kindly you see a single hard boiled egg and take it. Robert is at the door and you open it expecting a secret message, you read it and your heart bursts and giggles.
Robert with the door partially open looks to you and says, "Is there something wrong with the eggs I boiled for you?"
You turn to him and smile the most happiest smile you ever could smile, "Nothing at all." You walk to him and hold his hands. "I love you, I really do too." You kiss.

[A/N] Hope you guys enjoyed, expect a part two soon, big drama will happen and lovey-dovey stuff too ;)