John Laurens x GN Mongolian Reader

This was a request. Enjoy!
———————
You were leaving home for a fresh start. You loved your home but it just didn't feel right anymore. You had to go. You didn't know why or how but you just knew you needed to leave, get that fresh start. You learned English through a traveling man who passed through your village on many occasions.
Your village didn't like you much, the black sheep of the family- the black sheep of the whole village. So it was nice to get away.
You would miss the food, the bed you slept on, the voices of your people, their songs that warmed your heart despite being an outcast. It was home, your first home, and home for so long.
You stepped off the boat and looked around, this would be home.
You quickly got a job as a server in a coffee house. You would bring food and coffee to guests and clean the rooms for the next guest to come. It was a routine. It was the same every day. You got used to it. Then... One day a man came in. He was quite handsome and kind spoken. He instantly caught your eye. And you caught his own eyes. He had a pattern of making eye contact and then quickly looking away when you made eye contact back. He was shy around you, and so loud and confident around others. You made him nervous you figured. It was cute. Made you like him more.
Things were nice, just admiring from a distance. Then the taxes got worse. It was getting hard for you, the boss- owner was letting employees go. The guest- John, took notice and finally talked to you. "Are you okay?" You told him no, explaining everything. How you left home, how now you might loose your only job and roof above your head. John said he would be joining rebels, to be a soldier, you asked to come with. He said no but you insisted.
He couldn't help but smile. He loved that you insisted on joining, and when the boss let you go, it was a sign for you. John expressed it so. "You will join me! At my side we fight and stand, for what is right and true!" He said. He was excited to spend so much time with you. He had a friend commission a new suit for you, the army uniform with a touch of home, your home to it. When he gave it to you, it melted your heart, you never took it off. He would tease you and say "how romantic of you [y/n]."
You and John would meet this cloths maker- a Taylor. Hercules Mulligan and then a French man Lafayette. Soon a mr. Alexander Hamilton. Your group was unstoppable!
You and John eventually got your own regiment together. You used tactics from your home, in the village and him from his upbringing. "We made a great team!" He would say. "We do... don't we?" You would smile and blush back.
Same rank, being side by side. As you got promoted to each rank passions of the heart got stronger and stronger. Every time you looked at him, you realized again and again that he was your new home. Told him so, "I'm home where ever you go." Some people might have put it together but for the two of you, you both cared not- it was just the two of you against the world! You and him together at every battle, every fight! Just the two of you...
To the very end, till your final breathe on THAT day.
—————
Hope you enjoyed. Sorry it was short but it just felt like a short but sweet story to me, liked the vibe. Have a nice day!