nine.

I never believed in happy endings

That's why I stopped getting close to everyone after he died.

I'm glaring at Ryder as he smirks at me, enjoying getting a rise out me.

I move my body closer to his, ready to snatch the knife out of his hand but he pulls back.

Fucker.

He chuckles softly and I smile knowing he laughed because I made him laugh.

Vincent walks in the dining room with a glare aimed at nothing and I grin at Ryder winking and his eyes widen knowing I'm about to do some stupid shit.

Vince sits down at his regular seat, waiting for the arrival of food.

Roman and Paige is on a date leaving only the three of us.

Roman is stealing my girl.

I kick his foot under the table and act like I'm busying myself with the plates.

In the corner of my eye I see him look up, scowling and looking at Ryder expectantly.

Ryder tilts his head confused and lets out a breathy laugh.

"What the fuck is so funny?" Boss man snaps and I stifle a laugh at his expression.

I kick his foot again and he snaps his head towards me, his eyes softening at the grin on my face.

He opens his mouth to say something but the food is being placed in front of us.

Thank fuck.

I smile at the chef and he grins back, looking away shyly.

Vince clears his throat and the chef widens his eyes nodding and walking away making me laugh.

"You've got to stop scaring people, Princess" I say as I bring the spoon to my mouth, letting the fried rice hit my tongue.

He shakes his head, "I like it when they squirm"

"Yeah?"

Ryder laughs lightly and looks at me with a soft look.

"So tell us about your family" he suddenly says and I stop eating, clearing my throat.

"Well it's me and my mother" I shrug and they both raise a brow.

"What about your father?" Vince asks bluntly making me glare.

"Maybe in hell" I reply and his eyed widen and Ryder's jaw dropped.

"His dead?!" Ryder exclaims and I tilt my head, looking at him confused.

Why does he look so surprised?

"Yeah, died 3 years ago" I clear my throat and he nods slowly.

"What was his name?" Vince asks, chewing on his food.