thirty-seven.

•| 3RD PERSON POV|•

Mars Matthews was wondering around the house, a feeling of guilt sucking into her as she looks around the pictures of her lovers family.

She felt pain thinking about how his father treated such a young child.

She understood the pain he went through, having her own father that hurt her and broke her at just 7 years old.

She almost screamed when she bumped into a chest, breathing heavily as if caught in the moment.

"Mars, what are you doing?" Vincent asked her, his expression morphed into one of confusion.

She wanted to lie and say nothing but her tongue was tied as she stares at the beauty of this man.

He have just gotten out of a meeting with his most trusted men, telling them plans for future.

His brown curls was messily sprawled over his forehead. His tie was untied, hanging around his neck loosely. His green eyes was staring at Mars curiously.

She met his eye and gave him a sheepish smile, wincing as if thinking about something bad.

"I was just exploring." she half-lied.

She was looking for answers. Answers as to why Vincent hated his father so much. Answers to why he was closed off. She wanted to know more about him.

He looked unconvinced as he stares at her skeptically.

"Okay, come on. It is dinner time." he nods, grabbing her hand and pulling her with him as he walks down the hall towards the dinning room.

She followed behind silently, staring at the back of his head, deep in thought.

She wanted to ask him. Ask him how his childhood was. Ask him why he looked so, so hurt behind the cold mask he has.

As they entered the dinning room, the same time as everyone else, they sat down silently, everyone lost in thought.

They got closer to finding Spade every day but every time they go back to the beginning. Every one was getting mad and angry that they could not find their biggest enemy.

Ryder was angry that he could not do anything about it. He was always one for violence and he craved it right now. He wanted to kill the enemy for making everyone's life difficult.

Roman was upset that he could not do any better. He was claimed as the most talented hacker in his older brothers Mafia. He was guilty that he could not find the enemy.

Paige was worried about her boyfriend. He would come to bed late at night, tired and out of it. He would sometimes be zoned out as she spoke to him and she knew it was because of stress.

Mars was worried, upset and guilty. She was worried about her new 'family's' life. She knew she was in the middle of something dangerous but she is also trying to think of a solution to help. She was upset because she could not do anything to help them and she was guilty that she could not make Vincent happy.

Vincent was more than happy when he had Mars besides him. She warmed his cold heart. Brought light to his eyes. He felt safe around her.