fourty-one.

I stare at her body in shock

Her body shakes with pain and my heart pains.

"I love you." she whispers and I shake my head, pressing my bloody finger to her lips.

She pushes it away and glares.

"No, listen to me. I guess Satan wants me to come home so I need to say this. My love for you was real." she chokes out and Roman rushes through the door with Ryder.

They help me pick up Mars and she screams in pain, making my heart churn with pain.

Roman has her legs and Ryder her arms and I grip her hand as we rush out.

We pass by dead bodies, my men walking around checking the bodies.

I take no notice to them and rush out with Mars towards our personal doctor that arrived.

Once he sees us rushing out the door, he jolts up, opening the trunk of his van and ushering us aside as we put her down.

"I will not be able to do much because we need to be at the hospital. I can keep her alive but I can not take out the bullet." he informs me as he pulls on his gloves.

I nod and turn to Roman.

"Start the car, we are going to the hospital." I command him and he rushes towards the driver side.

Ryder stays behind to sort out my men and I hop in the back with Mars and the doctor, who grabs his items.

He glances at me and gives me a small smile.

"She's yours?" he looks back down to Mars, putting on a oxygen mask.

I nod with pride filling my chest.

"Yeah, she is my girl." I say softly, cursing myself for thinking she would betray me.

I knew she had her reasons.

I was shocked when I found out that the ugly man was her father. She mentioned how she was blackmailed by him and how he took her mother.

I would do the same if someone messed with my family.

Did someone say family?

Mars is rubbing off on me.

I look down at her and grip her limp hand, her chest heaving heavily as we drive fast towards my private hospital.

Every few minutes I would glance at her bloody face, my heart picking up at her beauty.

I can not help but feel hurt. Hurt that she did not tell me that she needed help. Hurt that I thought she would betray me.

Hurt that she could die thinking I shot her.

I did not pull the trigger. I have no idea who did, but when I find out, I will kill them.