thirty-eight.

They all stare at me and I am frozen too

Let it go.

A gun is pointed at me. None other than Vincent holds it, sitting from his seat behind his desk.

"Well, I guess I got caught." I shrug, swinging my legs back and forth on the chair.

I look towards my brother who stands away from me as if scared of what I would do.

Paige looks hurt, her whole body shaking.

Roman, he looks...ugly.

Vincent looks hurt. Broken. Angry. Guilty.

I raise my hands in surrender, clicking the button in my pocket to alert him that I need help.

"Why did you do it?" Ryder speaks up and I look at him, my expression unreadable.

"Felt like it." I say with a strained smile.

"Y-you felt like it?" Roman screeches, gripping Paige and pulling her away from me.

Before I can say anything else, a loud scream is heard from the distance and a bang.

I get up, taking the moment they got distracted and make my way towards the door.

"Well, that's my sign. I have to go. It was nice meeting you." I show them the piece sign, running out and slamming the door as a bullet shoots out.

The motherfucker actually shot me.

Wasting no time, I start running as fast as I could to the back entrance.

When I make outside, I climb over the gate quickly, hopping into the car waiting for me.

I sigh once we start driving and I run a hand through my hair.

"Good job." the voice of the driver says and I turn towards him, gripping my stomach from where I was shot.

"You are not going to kill them anymore, right?" I question him, wincing when the car turns sharply making me hit my wound.

My father chuckles darkly making me shiver.

"I sent you there to make them trust you, Mars. I told you I would let them go when you completed the mission. You did not complete it did you?" he glances at me and I go pale.