14

i heard my phone going off next to me. i groaned and tried to move but felt weight holding me down. i open my eyes to see megan slumped on top of me.

i lift the covers a bit and see we both naked and flashbacks from last night started to hit me.

i chuckled and looked over to see my phone going off. i somehow got megan off my and she cuddled into the pillow as i sat up. i grabbed my phone to see messages from my mom, my manger, cliff and an instagram notification from Edward.

i answered everyone back but edward i clicked his dm.

" we can talk and have lunch today while kehlani is in the studio, is that cool with you, y/n hello, i'm gonna be at the spot until 11:50 if your not there that's it i'm not having a rerun of back in the day with you" i read the messages.

i looked at the time 11:37.

" o shit" i said jumping out of bed and finding clothes to put on.

once i found everything i got my keys and ran out the door.

i got in the car and drove like a maniac to the diner. i checked the time 11:58.

i jumped out the car and ran inside. i looked around and saw him getting ready to get up.

i fast walked to him before her could.

" i'm here on time" i said taking a breath.

" thought you were going to be a no show" he chuckled.

" i just woke up" i mumbled fixing the hood on my head.

" well i ordered us both milkshakes if you cool with that"

" you remember how much i like milkshakes" i chuckled.

" mhm now spill" he said crossing his arms.

" well i-"

" here's those milkshakes you ordered.. are we ready to order food" the waiter put the drinks down.

" i'll take this for right now" i said.

" same" edward said.

" okay well flag me down if you need me" he said walking away.

once he was gone edward looked at me like he was going to kill me for some reason.

" remember the night the argument happened and how she said i was cheating on her and i wasn't there for her anymore because everytime she needed me i wouldn't pick up and all that" i said.

" how could i forget that night. i held my bestfriend all night while she cried on me until she passed out from exhaustion" he said drinking his milkshake.

" okay well all that she said wasn't true, did i help that night by saying well maybe i am cheating on you.. No... no it didn't but i was aggravated and hurting at the time edward" i explained.

" how were you hurt y/n" he asked confused.

" i found out a month before basketball started that my mom had cancer" i said looking at the table then at him.

" y/n-"

" when the day of tryouts came i was a no show because i had to get a job to help pay for the treatment and medicine" i said cutting him off.

" wait a minute so that whole time you were working we thought you were grinding to have money in your pocket and new shoes-"

" i was paying to keep my mom alive" i said cutting him off.

" wait but where do you running the streets come in at" he asked his hard glare no where to be found just sorrow and guilt.

" that is what comes next the job i was working at wasnt covering enough and the second job i needed wasn't coming fast enough. so i talked to my bestfriend cliff and i started selling. he took me under his wing since her been doing it for so long he showed me the ropes and i became the best seller in town. kehlani was never suppose to find out about that but i had to do a drop to her and she caught me. i couldn't explain myself then.. i didn't know how to, she was hurt that i was doing this knowing the 3ways i could end up"

" which was dead, seriously injured, or in jail" edward said.

" you got it anyways so we had that falling out that put us on a rocky start but i started staying at the hospital with my moms and stuff so you know if it came down to her she passing i could say i spent time with her like i wanted to" i paused for second.

" the job i had fired me so i was working overtime in the streets to make sure i had enough each week to pay for everything. the night the argument happened earlier on my phone broke because i was in a altercation with someone who owed me money. i went to the hospital to check up on my mom before going to kehlani. i've never cheated on that girl ever" i finished my statement.

" when you fucked megan after y'all went on break" he raised his eyebrow.

" i was drunk okay.. and it still wasn't cheating we weren't together.. we were taking space to try and fix us"

" and she still stood by you.. y/n you do realize all of that could've been avoided if you just told her you know that right"

" younger me didn't want to put all that stress about worrying about me all the time plus her career was starting to take off.. ed you and i both know she would've put it on pause for me and i didn't want that so i told her off " i said.

he sighed and nodded.

i went to go say something before i got a text from my mom saying she was finally at home again so i can come by soon she'll be making lunch.

" listen today is my mom anniversary for beating breast cancer so i have to go get ready to surprise her but i hope this talk clears everything between me and you" i said pulling out my wallet and putting 15 on the table paying for both of our drinks plus tip.

" it does.. i'm gonna talk to her y/n... i won't explain everything if you don't want me to-"

" nahh go ahead she'll listen to you but um we should do this again sometime just without the deep talk about why i did what i did" i chuckled.

" yeah i'll text you" he said with a smile as i walked out the diner.

" that went better than expected" i mumbled as i got in my car.

time skip

" surprise" cliff and i said bringing in everything.

" awww you guys didn't have to" she said starting to tear up.

" definitely did you are the reason i am the way i am today" i said with a smile.

she hugged me and then hugged cliff.

cliff is like her second child his parents died at a young age so he basically took care of himself by the age of 13 until we started to become good friends.

" well lunch is done" she said wiping her face.

" let's get our grub on and see how everything has been with you my old lady" i said kissing the side of her head walking into the kitchen.