62

i sat there listening to the heartbeat monitor as she slept.

kendrick was outside the room taking a phone call.

all the money i spent and hustled to make sure you didn't come back here failed me.

she started to move around and she slowly opened her eyes.

" hey" i said standing up.

" hi my baby" she said coughing.

" are you... why didn't you tell me before" i sighed out.

" you were going through things with kehlani.. i didn't want to throw this at you too" she said.

" momma i don't care what i was going through you should've let me know" i sighed out.

" i realized that now and i'm sorry for not telling you sooner"

" this why you've been keeping that scarf on your head isn't it" i said wiping the tear that dropped out my eye.

" no tears my baby no tears where's my tough girl who did anything she put her mind to at and wasn't scared of anything and anyone"

" that girl is hiding in a closet" i chuckled as more tears dropped.

" listen we will get through this together" she said reaching up wiping the tears off my cheek.

" together" i said as kendrick walked in.

" mama y/l/n you're up" kendrick said shutting the door and rushing to the side of the bed.

" hey ken" she said touching his hand.

kendrick doesn't cry, he doesn't show emotion what so ever and for the first time since i met him 5 years ago he cried.

it made me realize that i see him as a brother more than a friend.

" we are gonna get through this together" i said putting my hand on top of my moms hand that was touching kendrick.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

kendrick and i got home really late last night but couldn't sleep. we just sat on the couch staring at the floor or at the wall.

" i wanna do something" i said.

" like what" he asked.

" like what"

" a fundraiser"

" for her we got enough money to take care of her"

" no not her kendrick people who kids and parents are going through what we are but they aren't as fortunate.

" what about a free show or a live stream" he said.

" we can do that but i have an idea is nico still out here" i asked.

" nico from the block aka the best barber from oak yeahh he still out here" kendrick said.

" send me his number" i said.

kendrick sent me nicos information and i got up then walked to the other room and called him.

the phone run a few times before he decided to pick it up.

" yo this is nico who's this" his thick accent came through the phone.

" nico this is y/n"

" y/n.. lil baller heyyy how are you kid" he asked.

" i could be better how about you"

" same here i'm a little low on rent so the old shop might get shut down"

" what if i told you that i can help with that if you do me this favor" i said.

" always helping me kid glad money never changed you what can i do for you" he asked.