36

" mama" i yelled.

" girl why you yelling in my house" she said coming out the kitchen.

" i've been calling you" she said.

" i know" she said.

" you know... you know.. MA you've been ignoring my calls" i said rolling my eyes as kehlani walks passed me.

" hey baby" she said with a smile.

" hey momma how are you" she said.

" im good just taking things day by day" she said.

" hello your actual child" i said clearly upset.

" it's not a big deal... i was giving you a taste of your own medicine" she said.

" my own medicine- ma i ignored your call for one day"

" and that day i didn't know if you was alright or not so i did it back now stop your whining and go get some food" she said looking back at kehlani walking her to the couch and sat down.

" mann what the fuck" i mumbled going into the kitchen.

i walked in and saw some baked mac and cheese, oxtails, jerk chicken, cabbage, and some coconut rice.

" she knew i was gonna be here today" i said grabbing a fitting everything on there.

i got something to drink and and a fork and went downstairs to my studio in her basement.

i sat in my chair and ate my food when i got a call from cliff. i picked it up.

" yeoo" i said propping the phone up.

" we gotta do a job" he said.

" nigga a what" i chuckled.

" y/n i'm being serious right now bruh someone tried breaking into your house and when i caught one of the idiots you'd never guess who they work for" he said.

" who" i said furrowing my eyebrows.

" think y/n who promised to kill you and me both but more you than anyone" he said.

i thought about it going through every little detail i could remember and then it hit me.

" jj" i said.

" correct" he said.

" is he still mad i snatched up kehlani before he could"

"when y'all fought because he kept basically harassing kehlani he promised to kill you" he said

i sighed then remembered about lani dog.

" did you get franklin from my house" i asked.

" yeah i'm on my way to ya moms house now so get ready" he said then hung up.

i sat my food down and ran upstairs.

i heard their voices in the kitchen so i darted passed the living room running upstairs to my room.

i opened my closet and saw my old bag sitting their. i grabbed it and sat it down. opening back up to see everything from my old gun to the dark clothing.

i zipped it up and picked it up.

" i gotta make sure kehlani don't see this bag because she knows what it means" i said.

i picked it up and walked downstairs they were to into the tv to bother me so i walked passed them heading toward the back door when kehlani said sum.

" babe can you grab me something to drink" she said looking at me quickly then looking back at the screen.

" yeah give me a sec" i said placing my bag at the back door then walking to the fridge. i opened it and grabbed her a water and stood up to jump back and have my soul leave my body.

"kehlani i was bringing you your dr-"

" what's that" she asked i saw her eyes look passed me staring at the bag.

" nothing kehlani just need to give something to cliff" i said.

" your lying that's the bag with all your shit in it" she said.

" maybe it is kehlani maybe it isn't"

" it i remember the small symbol on the side of your bag" she said.

" i'm giving it to cliff"

" why y/n" she said.

" kehlani we can talk about it later" i said.

" you don't give people your stuff y/n you've never have and never will that excuse is getting old" she said.

" listen take my car and go to your house.. he's bringing franklin here my house isn't safe" i said.

" what does that mean" she said frustrated.

i just walked over and placed a kiss on her forehead.

" i'll explain later mi amor" i said grabbing my bay and leaving out the back door as he pulled up.

i walked to the back of the car and through my stuff in and saw franklin in the front seat.

i closed the door and walked to that side. i opened it up and grabbed franklin. he started licking me.

i walked around the back and opened the door slightly and let franklin in then closed it.

i ran back to car and hopped in.

" let's go pay that nigga a visit" i said.