16

"Cliff i got your message what happened to my some of the songs on the album" i said rushing into the studio.

the door closed behind me and i turned around and saw kendrick.

" what happened to my music" i asked him.

he nodded his head pass me.

i look to see cliff, edward, and this producer named jahaan i worked with once.

" what's going on" i said confused.

cliff walked to me and wrapped an arm around my shoulder.

" nothing happened to your music, i fuck with the new song you dropped teach me a lesson but that's not why i called you hear" he said pushing me down into the chair and turning it towards the booth.

i looked up at the booth for the first time and saw kehlani.

i rolled my eyes and went to get up and cliff pushed me back down.

" your going to listen to this song and however you feel after words is on you but your gonna hear her out" he said.

" cliff your suppose to be on my side" i groaned.

" i'm not on your side when your blocking your own happiness" he said.

and laid back in the chair and crossed my arms.

" he's not gonna let me leave until this song is over so let's do this" i sighed.

jahaan hit a button and the music started.

" I never said that I had it all figured it out, I never said, I never said that I live my days without doubt, I swear all I've ever done was be honest, And stay modest, oh" i rolled my eyes at those lyrics.

" So this is a, sincere, unscripted, Unwritten for all that you've given, forgiving, I'm driven, I wanna be better than I was, better than I am, So I say, All I'm trying to say is I thank you, I thank you, All I'm, trying to say is I thank you, I thank you, All I'm trying to say is I thank you" i raised my eyebrow at her.

" I never said that I was done with my growth, I never said, I never said that I was done doing the most, And I swear all I've ever done, Was stay honest, keep my promise" she said.

" which one you talking about cause you broke a few" i mumbled.

" So here goes my real life, unscripted Unwritten for all that you've given, forgiving, I'm driven, I wanna be better than I was, greater than I am, So I say All I gotta say is I thank you, thank you, All I gotta say is I thank you, thank you" i got up in the mist of her singing.

cliff wasn't gonna stop me ether.

i was about to walk out the door.

" Hey" she said into the mic.

i turned around and looked at her.

" Thank you for watching me walk across the stage
For walking me through my heart-breaks, Thanks for the love every step of the way With no support, this wouldn't be as great" she said.

this time instead of singing looking at her phone or her eyes closed she was looking directly into my eyes. this drew me to slowly walk back to the seat.

"Thank you for making me stronger than most,For taking it beyond my coast, Thank you for raising your glass when I toast All I gotta say is I thank you, thank you, All I gotta say is I thank you, thank you, All I gotta say is I thank you, All I gotta say, all I gotta say" somehow the smile i was keeping deep down came out.

" Thank you, really..." she said chuckling.

"All I gotta say is I thank you" she finished.

when the beat ended everyone looked at me. including kehlani.

" what" i said looking at all of them.

they all looked away with a certain smile on their faces. i rolled my eyes at them as kehlani came out.

" can we talk" she asked. i can tell her anxiety was up right now.

" yeah" i said. i could tell that calmed her nerves down a bit.

" can you guys give us a second" she asked.

" oh yeah sure" they all quickly left.

" they don't even leave that fast when i ask them to" i chuckled.

kehlani was staring at me with this look.

" ke-"

" i'm sorry" she said cutting me off.

" i'm n-"

" i should've asked you instead of assuming but because of jahron i was so used to the signs of him doing me dirty... when you were doing them i freaked out... i didn't want to get hurt again" she said getting emotional.

" kehlani" i said holding her face in my hands.

" i get.. younger me didn't take in consideration what might trigger you.. i was only thinking of myself and my mom" i said.

" can we fix us" she asked.

" fix us how friends us or relationship us" i asked her.

" friends us... i really do like shaina" she said barley above a whisper.

" and i'm okay with that" i told her.

' no your not'  a voice in my head said.

" why don't we go smoke... we getting too sappy" i chuckled.

" my cri- hold on I KNOW YOU EASE DROPPING IDIOTS JUST COME IN NOW" i yelled.

the door flung open and i chuckled.

" like i was saying my crib" i said.

" yeah your driving" she said grabbing her phone.

" it's not like you could anyway" i chuckled.

she smacked me in the arm and i looked at her.

" what you know it's true" i laughed.

" shut up" she said mushing me.

" kehlani and i are out" i said throwing up the peace sign.

Timeskip

we were outside smoking our blunts. i pulled out my phone and recorded us.

i looked at the video and took another hit.

" it's gonna be hard for us to just be friends" i mumbled as i tagged her in the video then posted it