Ambush

"Grinny when classes starts. Please don't make too much noise cause if someone notices it. You can't come with me." I said, he meowed in response. I looked at my bag to see the books keeps on falling to the side so I took it out leaving more space for Grinny to have.

"There its more comfortable. Come on." I said as Grinny jumped in my bag. I closed my bag but not fully for Grinny to have some air. I grabbed my books and walked out of the restroom and to my locker to keep my books.

"Should I tell Brian and Tim about Grinny?" I thought, walking to my classroom.

"Well. They're my first friends and I do trust them" I thought, entering the classroom. As lunch came me and Brian greeted Tim at the back of the school.

"Umm... Guys, I have something to show you." I said, setting my bag in front of them and opening it. Grinny jumped out and groomed himself.

"Grinny." Tim said, picking him up.

"You know him?" I asked, closing my bag.

"Yeah! He was my.. Cousin's pet that walks around this town." Tim answered.

"When I first saw him. I called him Grinny cau-"

"Cause of his never lasting grin." Tim cuts me off.

"Si-since his co-cousin i-is out of to-town w-why do-don't you t-take care o-of G-Grinny?" Brian asked, eating cheesecake.

"Really! I mean sure! I will totally watch Grinny"

I answered as Grinny jumped on me and I hugged him. We heard crunching leaves coming from the woods behind me. As I looked behind me the man from this morning jumped out pointing his gun at Brian and Tim then a few other men jumped out too.

"Ma'am step away from them." He said as Brian and Tim stop up looking at the man.

"What's going on?" I asked holding Grinny close to me while he hisses at the man.

"Ma'am just step away from them." The man said again still pointing his gun to them.

"Answer my question first." I said, standing up while wearing my back.

"There not what you think they are ma'am so please step away from them and come with us." The man said, bringing out a hand out for me to grab.

"(Y/n)! Don't listen to them... Run!" Tim said, looking at them.