Chapter 7

Chan woke up when he felt like his head was about to explode. He pressed his palms against both sides of his head. He sits himself up and grimaced trying to endure the nearly unbearable pain.

He groaned, luckily Minho didn't wake up by that. He stood up and briskly walked to the bathroom when he could feel something inside his stomach was forced up through the esophagus making him gagged painfully.

The throbbing pain in his head and uncomfortable sensation in his stomach made him vomited everything in the toilet bowl. It cost him a lot of gagging to clear his nausea. But not once through the episode, Minho wake up.

Everything was hurt. The gags and pains left him tired and tear up. He sobbed on the bathroom floor, rubbing his wet eyes with both of his small hands made him look like an abandoned child.

Supported himself with a sink, he started cleaned up the mess before decided to change his pyjama because it's all dirty. He wore Minho's sweat shirt that a few sizes bigger than him making him drown in it, and didn't even bother to wearing pants.

He looked at Minho. Still tight asleep. Minho is actually a light sleeper that even the slightest sounds could make him awake. So, he must be really tired then.

With a little sniff, he stepped slowly reaching his phone that had been charge by Minho just to see a lot of miscalls and notifications.

Most of it from Minho and a few from,

[Stepmother]

He gasped looking at the name in terror. That's not actually his step mother but instead, his mother-in-law. He set her name up like that for a reason.

'what did she want?' bit his lower lips while his finger pressing the message box.

Yesterday

Why din' you answer my call?
8:50p.m.

Y avoid me huh?
9:15p.m.

Lee Chan. Reply. Or else.
9:30

Okay fine
9:31

He screwed up.
Like really screwed.

His breath was getting short. His heart beated faster. Why did he felt so scared? He didn't know what to do. Whether to reply the message or not. But then, he trembled typing on the chat to reply as a good son-in-law he is.

Today
I'm sorry mother, my phone' dead
3:32a.m.

Seen

His eyes widened.

Incoming call from;

[stepmother]

Chan frightened to death. His pulse increased making his temple hurt even more. He attempted to calm himself down while answering the call.

"Yes?" wait, why did he say that? He supposed to say 'greetings your highness' if he wants to guarantee his safety.

"Rude. That's how you greet you in-law huh?" she really do expect him to greet her like a queen. As he thought.

Chan stood up and exited the bedroom to prevent Minho from wake up and hear their conversation.

"I'm sorry mother," he mumbled inaudibly once he already out the door and proceed his step to the living room.