Chapter 19

His work for the day was pretty stressful. His muscles tensed so he slept early that night.

Much to his annoyance, his brain kicked himself out of the dreamland in the middle of the night. He jolted awake because he was falling from the top of the tower to the ground.

It felt so real.

He groaned and brushed his face in frustration. Looking to the side, and was grateful for not waking Chan up. Slowly, getting off of the bed, intended to go to the kitchen pantry and have some cold water to soothe his deserted throat. It sounds good right?

His way downstairs was silent as well as he arrived at the pantry. But when he wanted to drink the water in peace, a tap suddenly intruded his world.

Faint tap and it stopped.

Minho turned his head to the back without withdrew the cup from his mouth. Met with a stiff brunette omega made him stunned too. The atmosphere filled with awkwardness affected his hand to placed the glass on the wooden table.

The omega then courage his step to the water cooler hoping that it would settle the tension a little bit.

"Why are you still awake?" the alpha killed the silence.

Jisung blinked by the sudden question and looked towards the alpha to answer but stuttered.

"Err, N-no I... just woke up," he scratched at the back of his head.

Minho nodded understandingly and faced himself towards the cabinet continuing his drinking activity. Mostly to let Jisung calm his visible nervousness.

A moment later, when Jisung already finished with his stuff which was having some water too, he wanted to make his way upstairs but being blocked by the alpha's voice. And it was more or less froze him.

"Do you.. Have time to talk? Right now? I mean.. If you don't mind of course," he didn't want to force the omega to have a conversation with him, especially in the early morning. But he couldn't find the perfect time without being eavesdropped by anyone.

Jisung observed the other for a while. He nodded anyway, even though the sentences was enough to make him shiver.

"Really? I don't want to force you,"

"No, I'm really okay with that. Besides, I don't feel sleepy anymore," the omega didn't lie about that.

"It's great.. then,"

***

They were at a balcony on the second floor, the floor below where their bedrooms were. The night air was chilly enough to make their body hair stood up by the cold.

Minho side eyed the shorter at the side. Not based on his alpha's instinct but because of his humanity, he handed the omega his fleece that he had grabbed before go out of the bedroom earlier.

Jisung thanked the older knowing that he wouldn't have the power to refuse because of the cold. He clung the fleece around his body and the scent hit his nose immediately. He blushed at that.

"I want to apologise for what I had done to you. It's-" Minho chewed on his lips and clenched his hands around the railing tightly. "It's very... unforgivable and irresponsible of me,"

His voice getting slower as the sentence goes on. But it seemed like Jisung managed catch every single one of them.

For a while, they remained silent as the younger not knowing what to reply. Jisung could feel his heart speed up and his brain still processing what words should be blurted out after.