Lost in Hope| 35

/ /TW!/ / Panic attacks and PTSD, mention of death and blood.

Minho Pov

I shivered as a rush of cold air blew up my shirt. I rubbed my arms for warmth, suddenly hating the Korea fall weather.

"How far is it?"

"Just a couple more minutes."

I whined quietly to myself. Why did it have to be so far?

It was mid-night before we arrived outside of Deagu. It had taken longer then usual because Chan had forgotten where it was at first. So he had to pull over many times just to call his poor mom and ask where the flipity flopity they were!

But Chans mom being the sweetheart she is helped us despite the attachment to the house. She didn't really understand why we had to go there but it was okay in he end.

Twigs snaped under my feet as we walked further into the forest. The bitter breeze chilled both of us to the bone and the lack of a flash light didn't help us find the place any faster.

"Ay, mate! Here we are!" Chan announced.

I smiled, excited to get out of the cold. But my smile dropped when I rushed up to chan and looked at the building infront of us.

"Your mother used to play here as a kid!?"

"Yeah?" Chan turned to look at me, raising his eyebrow, sporting a look of confusion. "Why?"

My jaw dropped as I looked at the house- no the scary hauted house.

"This is like the mansion from my favorite k-drama! 'its okay to not be okay.'" I said, gesturing towards the huge ass building.

It was very similar to the lead girls mansion. The house also looked to be two stories with grand roofs and beautiful cut trim. The walls of the house where a wood by the looks of it but the big chimney up the side was a brick. The four main windows where big squares with decorative triangle carvings on the top and planter boxes hanging. Then followed a big balcony that was almost identical to the one in the drama was above the front entrance which sat on a tall foundation with beautiful pillars.

The old building was built on a hill that curved down to where we stood, a big gate blocked our way. I moved forward and put a hand on the fence. I peered in through the metal and gaped at the house.

"Holy shit, Chan-" My body was too distracted to remember I was cold because when a cold wind brushed over me I gasped loudly, rubbing my arms again.

"Let's go inside-" Chan prompted, walking to the gate with keys.

"No!" I yelled, making Chan jump. "What if theres a dead women in the basement!"

Chan rolled his eyes, mumbling a 'scardy cat' under his breath. His hands traveled down the metal to a chain where a big lock joined the two ends of the chain. He slipped the key into the lock and unlocked it in a swift motion. The chain fell and he gates opened on there own.

I bit my lip. "Spooky."

Chan hauled our bags towards the door while I stood there contemplating if death by a vampire, ghost or serial killer hidding in the building was better or worse than my parents.

After a couple seconds I figured there was a better chance to befriend anyone in the place then reason with my pyshco parents.

I took a deep breath and marched towards the house.

To my surprise Chan was already inside the house, leaving me outside the door. I scoffed out in disbelief that it was completely the same on the inside of the house. You walk into a huge room that has a grand staircase that slits into two, east and west, that makes two loft hallways where there were two doors on each side and a grand one which I assume is the master bedroom.

On my left and right there are two arch ways that lead you into two separate spaces. Little furniture was in the main room only a couple tables and a chair off to the corner. I noticed it was a little warmer due to it blocking wind but it was still cold.

Chan set our bags on the stairs and took a seat next to them.

"Welcome." He deadpanned, gesturing to the space.

I gaped at the big room, the grand stairs, the dark marble pillars.

"Since when were you rich!?" I exclaimed. "and to think all those times I lived at your house I got your old stinky clothes." I scoffed.

Chan just smiled sadly at me. I avoided his gaze, he knew I was just trying to change the subject.

"We aren't rich, my grandfather built this way back." Chan said, standing up and running his hand over the railing, flipping it over to see the dust. "Gosh, this place needs a clean."

I hummed, following it with a yawn. "But first can we sleep?" I asked.

Chan nodded and gestured for me to grab my bag and follow him up the stairs and to a second bedroom on the east side of the loft.

"The master will be really dirty so we can use the second smaller one. I believe it has two beds." Chan grabbed the door knob and walked in.

I walked in the big kids room. The walls were a pretty pink and the chestnut floor followed into this room as well. A fire place was built at the end of the long room and two beds were placed infront against the left wall. A dresser remained at the end of the bed, with a small lamp.

"Nothing much," Chan said. He walked over to the dresser and opened a compartment. "Here are some comforters." He tossed me a soft yellow one while he grabbed the pink. "I'll go turn the water on and get things running again. Get chaged and you can go to bed if you want."

The older male walked to the door, glancing back and smiling before closing the door.

I grabbed some clothes from my bag and plopped on the dusty bed. I sprawled my self out, feeling the pressure of day weigh down on me. Tears pricked at my eyes and I sniffed softly.

I rolled over, holding the comforter and clothes tightly as I sobbed into the mattress. Memories of that horrible night flashed through my head. My breathing became rigged and tears followed down my cheeks.

How I hate them. How I despise them.

I curled into a ball, lungs burning from the uneven breathing. I shut my eyes tight. My mind pushed me back into the memory and I screamed as I forgot what was real and what was memory. The knife cutting through my skin. The blood on the hands. The insults. That was the day I knew I had lost them for good, I had lost my parents.

My head reached for my back as I screamed loudly, feeling pain. Stomping of feet were heard outside the door before it was pushed open.

I squirmed and through my limps everywhere, trying to get rid of the pain and the memory. Sweat broke out on my brow line and upper lip.

I felt my body being held down and I screamed loud thinking it was them. My dad about to kill me until-

"Shh, its okay, you're safe." Someone whispered into my ear. My screams stopped but I kept my eyes shut tight as I whimpered. "Its your brother Channie Hyung. He's here and your safe. He would never let them get you."

My body relaxed, tears not stopping. I felt him move away from my arms and embrace my torso.

"Your safe. Your loved. Your okay." He comforted.

My body was too tired to move. My joints ached from the thrashing and my head pounded from the sudden PTSD attack.

I tried to open my mouth to say something but I couldn't, my body went limp.

I felt Chan move off me, leaving the room. I was about to panick but he came back almost immediately.

I let out a sigh of relief when a cold cloth came in contect with my forhead. He pat my forhead and down my neck. He undressed me and wiped my body down. He covered me with the comforter and kissed my head.

"Sleep well, Min."

_______________________

I hope this chapter wasn't too dark. Im trying to highlight Minhos character and experience. Thank you for the votes and support on this book!

Btw, are long chapters better? Or do you guys wants shorter ones? Let me know so
I can make it better for you guys! I love you all~