Lost in Hope| 44

"ENOUGH!"

The shriek of a women echoed through the whole house. The mans body jolted and hit the ground with a thud, rolling down the stairs.

"Hello this is 112, whats your emergency? "

I started at the seen, my jaw dropped in shock.

"Uh.. um-"

"Sir, is everything alright?"

"I-I need police and...and an ambulance right now." My voice was as quiet as a whisper but she still understood. I couldn't stop looking at the unconscious body on the stairs.

"Sir can you stay on the line-" She said but I hung up.

I finally looked away from the body to see Minho staring intently at his mother who was blabbering to herself as if someone had made a mess she would have to pick up.

"I told him to quit this, this is so much worse then his drinking." She muttered to herself in anger before turning to us. "I am extremely sorry, he seems to have been on edge lately."

She moved to Chan and went to touch his face before Minho yelled.

"Don't touch him!"

She flinched and removed her hand.

"Minho, please-" She started.

"No! Get the fuck away from them!" He shouted as he ran up the stairs, over his dad and to Felix and Chan.

The woman rushed back in fear. "Minho, I'm so so sorry, I really didn't mean for this to happen." She pleaded.

Minho stopped in his tracks, nostrils flaring. "Pardon me?" He forcefully spat out. "You didn't "mean" for this to happen? You didn't "mean " for me to be abused for something I can't control. You didn't "mean" for my father to attack me as a child with a knife to kill me. You didn't "mean" to chase me down and chase me out of my home. You didn't "mean" to kidnap and beat up my friends! You might not have meant to but it clearly has!"

He shouted at her, each sentence he got closer and closer until she hit the wall, tears running down her cheeks.

"I never wanted you hurt, I was scared. We were in trouble, I didn't know what to do-"

"You didn't know what to do?! You tried to murder your only son! You could have had a conversation, explained certain things but no, you tried to get rid of me and even though I got away, your no longer in debt, it doesn't concern you and you still try to kill me! Not just me but my friends!" He screamed at her, hands in fists, towering over her.

"He told me that we would find you and take you back, be a family again, I didn't know what he was trying to do, I promise, believe me I'm your mom." She begged.

He scoffed. "Your no mother of mine, I don't have one, she died when my father started to hurt me." He turned away, I say tears in his eyes as he knelt beside Chan. "I'm so so sorry."

Sirens approached the house. I felt it start to become hard to breath, my vision getting blurry. Police rushed into the house, armed. Minho was draped over Chan's body. When the police looked at me I weakly pointed to the Minho's parents. They rushed in and soon the first responders came in with a stretcher. The police cut the ties on Felix and Chan, checking pulse, and hauling them on stretchers. Minho was left on the ground, he just layed there, eyes open, no emotion in his face.

One nurse checked him and got him up, walking him outside.

Everything seemed to hit like a truck, I stumbled back and collapsed on to my knees. I knelt there for a little bit, watching the clean up.

Minho's mother was handcuffed and forcefully dragged outside and his father was also handcuffed and put on a stretcher. After all of them someone approached me.

"Hey, Sweetie, are you alright?" The women asked softly, keeping a distance just in case.

I just stared at her with wide eyes. She smiled softly and sighed.

"Trauma response." She said to another nurse. I became confused. The male nurse came behind me and took my left hand and placed it on my right shoulder and same for the other hand then picked me up around the middle and carried me out the door into the second ambulance with Minho. He was sitting there staring at a wall.

They put me beside him but he didn't look at me. They shut the door and we remained silent for the rest of the ride.