Family

After getting out the shower, Ivory quickly shuffled to Safari's room once she realized her belongings were no longer in hers. She entered his now vacant room and looked around for her things, but couldn't find them. She decided to check the drawers of the dresser.

To her surprise, sitting in the top drawer was a multitude of items. There was mail, pill bottles, letters, and pictures. Ivory began to close the drawer when her curiosity kicked in . She checked the names on the pill bottles and made a mental note to look them up later. She then picked up a stack of pictures and began to look through them. The first few pictures were old family photos. Ivory smiled at the pictures of young Safari, who was even large at a young age.

Her smile faded when she came to a more recent picture that looked 1 or 2 years old. She quickly dropped it and angrily closed the drawer. Remembering why she was there in the first place, Ivory checked the other drawers that were filled with clothes before finding hers. She got dressed in black pants, a white t-shirt, and a long beige cardigan. She then put on white heels with a strap around the ankle and did light make up.

After touching up her hair and spraying on some fragrance, Ivory made her way to the kitchen, where a group of people were eating breakfast. She recognized Tafari and she could see the back of Safari while he stood at the stove. There were four women sitting at the table with their backs to Ivory.

One of them turned around and quickly got up.

"Hey, you must be Ivory. I'm Johanna", she said perkily.

Johanna was brown skinned with wild curly hair and insanely straight teeth. She was tall and skinny and very pretty with a personality to match.

The other women turned around and got up from their seats, except for an older woman who continued to eat her food.

"I'm Egypt", said another pretty brown skinned girl. She was the same height as Ivory with straight hair and a small gap. She had big eyes and lips that drew you in.

"And I'm Queen B", said a woman who looked exactly like Safari.

"Girl, bye ", Egypt said waving her off.

" That's Sedora", Johanna said laughing.

"Nice to meet you all", Ivory said with a smile.

"Wish I could say the same", mumbled the older woman. Everyone looked at her and rolled their eyes.

"Don't mind Aunt Lita. She's old and bitter", whispered Sedora.

"Oh...", Ivory trailed off. She wasn't sure what to say.

She felt a hand wrap around her waist and pull her towards them. It was Safari of course as he ushered her to the table. Though she was still upset about the picture, she didn't hit his hand away since his family was around. She would just have to deal with it later.

"So, where did you meet Safari?", Johanna asked.

Ivory opened her mouth to speak, but didn't get the chance since Safari answered for her.

"At a restaurant near her campus", Safari lied.

Ivory looked down at the plate of food he sat in front of her and wondered why he lied.

"Oh, do you work there or something? ", Aunt Lita asked.

" No, I don't. I was there with a friend actually ", Ivory replied politely.

" Do you even have a job? You don't look like you work", Lita responded, taking a sip of her tea.

"Aunt Lita", Safari said in a stern, but pleading tone.

She looked at him for a second before turning back to her food.

"I'll take that as a no", she said.

"I'm a temp at a law office", Ivory spoke up.

Safari looked at her with a surprised look on his face. He didn't know she had a job to begin with, let alone at a law office.

Lita also looked surprised as she raised her eyebrows.

"Really? Hmph, you fooled me. You seem like the type to never work, but expect the higher things in life ", Lita chuckled.

Ivory mentally rolled her eyes and bit her tongue to keep from saying something disrespectful. Everyone stayed quiet in fear of also being attacked by Lita, including Safari.

" So what's happening today?", Tafari asked, breaking the silence.

"I don't know about you guys, but us girls are going shopping ", Sedora said with a grin.

"We going out on the town", Egypt added.

"Who gonna run this town toniiigghhtt", Johanna sang. She started dancing and Egypt quickly tagged along.

"Well I guess I'm hanging out with broham then", Tafari said with a grin.

Safari side eyed him and began to clean the kitchen.

Sedora and Safari in the pic