New Beginnings

Ivory awoke with Safari's heavy arm on top of her. It didn't really bother her because she was used to his strength and weight. It had been two months since their last night in London. Ivory had fallen asleep in the bath tub that night and Safari took her to bed after finding her thirty minutes later. The group returned to the states and tried to forget everything that had happened. Though, they all knew it was impossible.

She lifted his arm and swung her legs over the large king bed. Her feet were instantly greeted by the cold hardwood floors. Safari shuffled a little before rolling over and continuing his slumber. It was 5:30 in the morning, which was Ivory's new normal. She would wake up early and do some exercises that would induce labor. Her due date was in a few weeks and she was hoping that her twins would just slide out already. She was extremely uncomfortable and she was ready to meet them.

Her stomach protruded tremendously and she officially had the "wobble". She sometimes wished that she could go back to the days when she was barely showing. Ivory waddled to the bathroom, which would be the first of several trips to the bathroom that day. After that, she made her way to the weight room, where she did very light aerobics for half an hour.Her stress levels dropped and she was no longer high risk. She actually loved getting up early to take care of both herself and her sons. It gave her time to think about her next move, which she intended to proceed with once they were born. She didn't tell anyone what she was planning, but she knew exactly how she wanted it to go.

Once she went back to the bedroom, show could hear Safari in the shower. Knowing that it would take him a while, Ivory grabbed some clothes and went to the guest room to shower. She wobbled down the hallway and peeked into Violet's room, where she slept in an awkward position.

Ivory got in the shower and thought about how much she loved the new house. Safari had his men there day and night finishing it, so it would be done before the babies arrived. The construction workers finished a few days after they came back from London.

Once she was out, Ivory got dressed and made her way to the kitchen. She would make something pretty healthy for breakfast since Violet, along with the twins, was growing rapidly. She had improved mentally and physically, which is what brought Ivory the most joy.

They lived in a nice suburban area with friendly neighbors. There was a good school district and a lot of soccer moms, which is what Ivory had craved the most...normalness. She was tired of an action packed life that was filled with stress and death. Suburbia sounded perfect to her and she was so grateful that it was given to her. They really were trying to live a completely normal life.

The soft thud of Safari's feet made its way into the kitchen, where Ivory was chopping up an assortment of fruit. Safari kissed her on the cheek before walking over to the coffee machine to get his day going. Neither one of them talked, but they moved in a comfortable silence.

"How are my athletes?", Safari asked, breaking the silence.

Ivory shook her head

"Rearranging my insides. These children are gonna be the stars on the soccer team", she replied with a small smile.

"Well, they'll only be in there for a few more weeks", he responded reassuringly.

"I hope not", Ivory mumbled in response.

Violet groggily dragged herself to the table and plumped down.

"You ok Vi?", Ivory asked.

Violet placed her small hands on her face.

"I'm sooo tired", she grumbled through her hands.

Safari sucked his teeth

"That's what happens when you read under your covers with a flashlight", he said in a knowing tone.

"I know I know", she replied.

Ivory placed a full plate in front of the tired little girl, who immediately began to eat. Ivory watched her with a small smile on her face, content with her boring life.
**********************************
"Oh shut up! You know you really don't want me to go. You're just saying that because you know I won't! But you know what? I just might! Because I cannot live off of you for the rest of my life Tafari! I need my own career!", Achebe shouted out in frustration.

Tafari shook his head

"I understand that Achebe, but I don't see why you have to go to another country to do that. What's so special about Europe?!", he yelled in frustration.

"I want to make a name for myself on the fashion scene and I would like for the man that I love to support me...is that too much to ask?", she cried

Tafari sighed and embraced her

"No...I just don't want you to go so far...especially with everything that happened you know?", he spoke softly.

"I know. That's why I want you to come with me. We can start a new lives for ourselves baby. Just me and you", she replied.

Tafari looked down at her and bit his lip.

"You want me to go to Europe with you?", he asked

Achebe shrugged

"It doesn't even have to be Europe. Hell, I've always wanted to go to Canada. I just need to get away from here honestly. There are too many bad memories and I want to make a life for myself", she spoke

Tafari nodded his head in understanding

"Then let's pick a place and go"