Back At One

Achebe finished her assignment and sat back on her bed. Violet was asleep next to her and Tafari was in his office. Achebe put her things away and slid off the bed, walking to the office.

She lightly knocked on the door

"Come in"

He sat on the futon shirtless. His phone was in his hands as he had a concerned look on his face. Achebe bit her lip and walked towards him.

"Hey", she spoke softly

"Hey", he mumbled back, still looking at his phone.

"So um.....about Violet. I really.....

Tafari drowned out Achebe as his eyes came in contact with her thick and exposed thighs. His eyes slowly traveled up, taking in her curves, which were esentuated by her tank top and shorts. Tafari bit his lip as dirty thoughts rushed into his mind. He began to breathe heavier as he thought about what she looked like in the nude. He couldn't shake the image of her in the bathtub. He felt his groin beginning to ache.

"Tafari?"

He snapped out of his trance like state and cleared his throat.

"What was that?", he asked in a hoarse voice.

"I said she likes you already.... Did you hear any of what I said?", she asked, crossing her arms, which pushed up her breasts.

"Um yeah......", he trailed off, nodding his head.

All of a sudden, he jumped up and shut the door, locking it. He then gripped her butt and pulled her close, kissing her neck.

"Tafari....", she trailed off, throwing her head back as his fingers slid into her underwear.

She bit her lip and pushed him away from her, breathing heavily.

"Tafari we can't. Violet is in the other room and we agreed to just be friends for a while", she said, gathering her thoughts.

Tafari sighed in frustration, regretting his words.

"You're right", he admitted, ignoring what his soldier was saying.

Achebe nodded her head

"Goodnight", she said before leaving the room.

"Goodnight", he mumbled, laying back on the futon.

He grumbled in frustration

"What did I just do?"
************************************
"So I got my hands on the secrurity footage from the airport. She seemed a little out of it and the only thing holding her up was the man she was with", James explained.

Safari shook his head, trying to make sense of things.

"A man? Are you sure it was Ivory?", Safari asked.

James nodded his head

"Positive"

"That just doesn't sound right. Ivory couldn't have been on any drugs. She's a very responsible parent, even though she hasn't had the baby yet. This doesn't make sense", Safari said, growing frustrated.

"Are you sure it's not possible that she decided to leave?", James asked cautiously.

Safari shook his head

"No and even if she did, she would've told someone where she was going"

James nodded