Frankie

Safari impatiently tapped his finger on the steering wheel, contemplating his next move.

"I need a paternity test", he said out loud. He nodded his head for reassurance and grabbed the plastic tube which concealed a cotton swab that had been swiped through Violet's mouth. He took a deep breath and went inside his doctor's office.

Afterwards, Safari boarded his private jet to Georgia, where he would be for the next few days.
**********************************

Achebe led Tristan into her very expensive penthouse, which surprised him.

"Wow. This is quite a sight", Tristan said in approval.

"Uh thanks", she said with a smile.

"May I?", he asked, gesturing towards the couch.

"Yeah yeah. Would you like something to drink?", she asked.

"Yes please", he replied politely.

Achebe went into the kitchen and grabbed a cup of water. When she went back into the living area, he was looking at the assortment of magazines on the coffee table.

"Hmmm Sports Illustrated and Forbes? You are on interesting woman", Trcare said with a chuckle.

Truthfully, those magazines clearly belonged to Tafari. Achebe didn't see the point in being subscribed to magazine services. Especially if you're never at the address they're sent to, but it was none of her business, so she could care less.

"Oh yeah. I like to stay in the loop", she said with a shrug, handing him the water.

Tristan nodded his head.

"I understand", he said with a grin. He took a sip of his water and looked Achebe up and down in doing so. He sat down his glass and licked his lips.

Achebe suddenly felt the vibe go from innocent to sexual. She didn't know what to do, but she needed to end it and fast.

Achebe picked up her phone and looked at the time.

"It's 1 am already? Time really does fly", she hinted.

Luckily, Tristan put his hormones aside and caught the hint.

"It is pretty late. I should get going", he said, standing up.

"Thanks for dinner. We should do it again", Achebe suggested as she walked him to the door.

Tristan smiled

"I would very much enjoy that. I'll call you", he said, flashing another smile before leaving.

Achebe grinned and closed the door, letting out a long breath. She made her way to the bedroom and undressed, putting on her robe. She ran herself some bath water, turned on some r&b jams and stepped in.

She slid in and relaxed closing her eyes. She found herself thinking about Tristan and a grin slid onto her face. The look he gave her made her want to give it all to him, but Achebe wasn't that kind of risk taker. Not anymore at least.

She bended her knees and began to rub her thighs when she heard something. Her eyes darted open and she clutched at her naked body as a man stood in the bathroom doorway. He stood there in a trance.

"How did you get in here!", she screeched.

"I used my key", Tafari said simply.

"I mean, this is my place", he added matter of factly.

"Oh, you're Tafari", she said with a small hint of relief

"Yes and you are a gorgeous stranger in my bathtub. What are you doing here?", he asked, grabbing a towel from the rack and handing it to her.

"What do you mean? Safari said you two talked about me living here temporarily", Achebe replied, grabbing the towel and waiting for him to at least turn around.

He immediately caught the hint

"I'll wait until you're dressed", he said, leaving the bathroom and closing the door behind him. Achebe quickly stepped out and covered herself, putting her robe on along with the towel. She opened the door and quickly shuffled to the bedroom where she threw on sweats and a t shirt over undergarments of course.

She met Tafari in the kitchen where he was pouring himself a glass of whiskey.

"Would you like some?", he offered

Achebe shook her head

"No thanks....so Safari didn't talk to you about me living here?", she asked, crossing her arms across her chest.

Tafari let out a small chuckle

"Nope, but that doesn't surprise me. Safari is always up to something", he responded, shaking his head.

"Well um, I'll pack my clothes and leave", she said, walking towards the bedroom.

"Don't bother"

She turned around with a surprised look on her face.

"If Safari trusts my home in your hands, why shouldn't I? You can stay. I'll be leaving in a few days anyways", Tafari said with a smile.

"Really? Oh my gosh thank you. But um you'll be staying here?", Achebe asked, growing uncomfortable.

"Yeah if that's ok with you. I'll sleep on the futon in my office", he said.

"Oh you mean the room with the lock?", she questioned.

Tafari nodded his head

"That would be it"

Achebe contemplated the thought of a stranger staying with her for a few days. She was uncomfortable with the thought, but this was his place and he was kind enough to let her stay.

"Fine by me. In Achebe by the way" She responded, extending her hand.

"Nice to meet you Achebe, I'm Tafari"
************************************
Ivory laid in the king sized bed alone, left with nothing but her thoughts to comfort her. She couldn't help but worry about Safari ,who left so suddenly without telling her where he was going.

She closed her eyes and tried to fall asleep, but her mind wouldn't allow her to. Frustrated, she rolled out of bed and made her way to the kitchen.

To her surprise, Violet was sitting on the couch, staring at the tv.

"But I don't wanna die", Violet whispered.

Ivory furrowed her eyebrows.

"Violet?", she called out.

The little girl turned around and smiled.

"Hello", she said

"Who were you talking to?", Ivory questioned.

"Frankie", Violet replied.

"Oh, who's that?"

"The voice in my head. What are you doing up?", Violet asked.

Ivory was taken back by the response and looked at Violet warily.

"Umm I couldn't sleep. Did Frankie wake you up?", Ivory continued.

Violet nodded

"Yes, but I don't like to talk about her. I'm going back to bed now. Goodnight", Violet said before getting off of the couch and walking back to her room.

Ivory bit her lil as she began to worry more.

"The voice in her head?" Ivory questioned out loud.

She wondered what was really going on with the little girl she was beginning to bond with.