Proper Introductions

The next morning, Ivory found herself thinking about last nights events. The boy that insulted her in particular. She couldn't understand how someone so beautiful could be so dreadful and closed minded.

Ivory shook her head as the thoughts of his muscular body made it's way into her mind. She hopped out of bed and grabbed her necessity bag along with her robe.

She made her way to the showers and stayed in longer than necessary, pondering life. Once she got out, she brushed her teeth and was ready to make her exit when Gina walked in.

Gina scoffed and looked Ivory up and down before bumping her shoulder as she walked past her. Ivory ignored her and showed no emotion as she proceeded out.

"You really should stick to dark colors, Africa", Gina sneered as Ivory stepped into the empty hallway.

Ivory heard her loud and clear, but chose to ignore Gina's ignorance. She practically sprinted to her dorm and shut the door. As soon as the door closed, Ivory's face quickly flooded with tears.

She slid down the door and put her head in her hands as she wept. Ivory always ignored rude comments and showed no emotion as if their words didn't effect her. But at the end of the day, she was human.

She wasn't just crying at Gina's weak words, but what many have been saying since she got here. Ivory held everything in for the past few years and Gina was the feather that broke the camel's back.

As much as she didn't want them to, the words and actions of others had an effect on her. The rude and unnecessary comments about her hair and skin tone made her cry, but they never broke her spirit or changed her mindset.

If anything, they just made her strive to succeed.

You are beautiful with your skin like midnight and your eyes like the moon.

Ivory's grandmother's words swirled in her head as she wiped her tears and stood up. She did light make up which consisted of eye liner, eye shadow, and pink lipstick. Her skin was beautiful, so she did not use foundation.

She got dressed in a thick blue sweater with boyfriend jeans and combat boots. She threw on her camouflage wind breaker and adjusted her black wool scarf in a loose knot on her neck.

She put oil in her locs and put them in a low bun before pulling on a black beanie and putting in white flower studs. She grabbed her bag with her belongings in it.

"You are beautiful with skin like night and eyes like the moon.", she said to her reflection as she looked in the mirror.

She gave herself a reassuring smile before grabbing her phone and leaving her dorm.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ivory sat in her last lecture with her hands flying over her keyboard as she typed notes. She always took notes in all her classes and studied as if she lived for it.

She'd been to two parties since being in college and she only went because Ashley begged her to. Ivory quickly found out they weren't her scene when she witnessed a game of nude beer pong.

She typed her last bit of notes before saving them and closing her sleek laptop. Many of the students were either falling asleep or taking notes.

Ivory's eyes landed on a familiar pair of eyes that were burning the side of her face. It was the boy from last night.

Since when does he have this class? Ivory thought to herself

He continued to stare at her. She quickly looked away, but he never did. Class seemed to drag on as Ivory continued to get stared at. As soon as lecture was over, Ivory quickly left the classroom.

"Hey! Ivory!", he shouted through the crowd of students

Ivory walked faster and speed walked out of the building

"Ivory!", he shouted, much closer than before.

She suddenly felt a hand grasp her arm and whip her around. She looked up at him with wide eyes as she cringed from his stern hold on her.

"Didn't you hear me calling you girl?", he asked.

Ivory Kanye shrugged before looking down. He loosened his grip on her arm and looked down at her.

"Why you lookin down?",he asked

Ivory slowly lifted her head and looked him in the eyes

"It seems like every time I look at you, you say something mean to me", she responded, never breaking her stare at him.

Safari instantly felt bad. He didn't mean to say what he said. He had a history of a bad temper that had a tendency of flaring up quickly. He rubbed the back of his neck, breaking hold of her intense stare.

He felt as if she could see his soul and all of his vulnerabilities. Her brown eyes held a power that could make you feel like shit if she wanted.

"Look, I'm sorry about that. I didn't mean it, my temper gets really bad sometimes...", he trailed off.

Ivory nodded her head and looked around,seeing how awkward it'd gotten.

"It's ok ", she spoke quietly

He nodded his head and looked at her. The sun decided to come out today and it's light bounced off of her radiant skin, reminding him of sapphire. Safari couldn't help but notice how beautiful she actually was.

What the hell was I on last night? He asked himself

"Uh I'm Saphire by the way- um I mean Safari. I'm Safari", he said nervously

Ivory laughed at his words, showing off her straight, white teeth. She held her hand out to shake.

"Nice to meet you Safari"