Relations

" I can't believe he would do something like that. That's pretty low, even for Safari", Tafari said, shaking his head.

"I'm just so mad like why the hell would he sleep with her? She's a lunatic who doesn't have good intentions and Safari is falling into whatever trap she's set. But forget all that, I need to find Ivory. Its not like her to just up and leave without telling anyone where she's going", Achebe said, tapping her fingers on her thigh.

"Well I'll help you look for her, but what about um Violet?", he asked.

Tafari wasn't sure if he was the father or not. No one ever told him anything about it, but he couldn't help but wonder.

"Well I don't want her going back to those people she calls her parents. It's ok if she stays here right?"

"Yeah yeah, it's cool", Tafari said, rubbing the back of his neck.

Achebe looked at him for a while.

"What?"

"You don't want her here do you?", Achebe asked quietly.

Tafari shook his head

"Nah it's nothing like that.....I'm just not that great with kids you know", he replied with a small chuckle.

"I understand. She'll be with me most of the time anyways, so don't even worry about it", Achebe said, patting his arm.

"Alright, so where do we start looking?", he asked, changing the subject.

Achebe sighed

"Well we could start by talking to her friends. She talks to a girl named Ashley a lot so I'll start with her", she responded, grabbing her phone.

"Should we call her parents?", Tafari asked.

"No. Well at least not yet. I highly doubt her mom knows where she is"
************************************
"Why is she unconscious?", a deep voice asked.

Once again, Ivory was in a bed, but this one was insanely comfortable. She could hear what was going on, but decided to pretend she was still knocked out.

"It was a long flight and she got a little antsy, but she's here. As promised", Rwanda replied.

"And earlier than expected", said the man.

Rwanda was silent for a minute before speaking again.

"Well that means we can move up the wedding date right?", she questioned.

"We'll see. I need to know what she's bringing to the table first. Jay will escort you back to your car. It was a pleasure doing business with you", the man said.

"Very well", Rwanda replied, looking down at her daughter. She looked at Ivory one last time and briefly saw herself. For a moment, Rwanda actually felt bad, but it passed just as quickly as it came.

Ivory could hear feet shuffling out of the room before the door closed.

"Ivory I know you're awake", the voice said.

Ivory mentally cursed herself and hazily opened her doe like eyes. There stood a large chocolate man with dreadlocks and a beard. Ivory gulped as she looked up at his large stature.

"I'm Jacob. We used to know each other very well. Do you remember me?", he asked, staring down at her.

She nodded her head