All Together Now

Ivory sat in between Lita and Egypt in Sedora's Range Rover. They planned on doing a little shopping and getting to know Ivory. The ride was silent and somewhat awkward due to Lita's bad attitude.

She didn't really wanna go, but was told that it would be childish to exclude herself from group activities. Ivory could feel that the woman did not like her, but she didn't understand why.

Upon arriving at the mall, the group of women poured out of the car and quickly went inside since it was a little chilly outside. They then broke up into 3 groups. Lita went to a jeweler, Johanna and Egypt went to a designer store, and Sedora and Ivory went to the nail salon.

The shop was rather empty, so they were quickly seated for their pedicures.

"So Ivory, tell me a little bit about yourself", Sedora spoke, getting herself comfortable.

"Well I was born in California, but I lived in London. I go to Michigan State University and I'm majoring in business. I'm in my second year and I am 19 years old", Ivory responded.

Sedora looked over at her with raised eyebrows.

"19?", Sedora asked.

Ivory nodded her head.

"Jesus, I knew Safari liked them a little young but damn", Sedora mumbled.

Ivory crinkled her eyebrows together in confusion, not knowing why her age is a problem.

"What do you mean?", Ivory asked.

"Well the age gap between you two is kind of large don't you think? ", Sedora asked with a shrug.

It was then that Ivory realized that she didn't know how old Safari was. Before she could ask any other questions Johanna's voice broke her thoughts.

" Here they are. I told you Sedora is obsessed with nails", Johanna spoke with a laugh.

Sedora rolled her eyes.

"Whatever, my nails always fly as hell, but you wouldn't know anything about that grown woman shit ", she said with a smirk.

The women laughed as Johanna playfully rolled her eyes.

" Tuché tuché ", she responded.

" So Ivory, I heard you're friends with my sister, Dubai. Small world right", Egypt said with a smile.

Ivory tried not to show the shock on her face.

"Yeah, small world", she replied.

"Are ya'll almost done?", Lita asked abruptly.

Ivory hadn't even noticed she was there.

"Yeah, we're just waiting on the paint to dry", Sedora answered plainly.

Lita rolled her eyes and sat in one of the chairs.

"So Ivan, how did you really meet my nephew? At a club or an event with many men of his status? ", Lita questioned.

" My name is Ivory and I met him at a restaurant near campus", Ivory replied calmly. Lita was really beginning to push her buttons.

"Oh, I apologize Eve. I'm not good with names ", Lita said with a fake apologetic smile.

Ivory's eye twitched as she tried to keep her composure.

" Ivory and it's fine", she said with an equally fake smile.

Lita stared her down before giving her eyes a final roll and turning her head.

Sedora looked over at her cousins with a look they all knew too well. Last year was beginning to repeat itself.

Once they were finished, the girls paid for their nails and walked around a little more. They would have did more shopping, but Lita made it her business to complain.

They left the mall with only an hour and a half under their belts and headed back to the house. This time, Ivory sat in the front with Sedora, but she could feel Lita's eyes burning the side of her head throughout the entire car ride.
********************************
It was now dinner time and the girls decided to cook since Safari made breakfast that morning. When they got back from the mall, the boys were gone and had still not returned.

"You can cook right? ", Egypt asked Ivory.

" Well I'm no chef, but I can whip it", Ivory replied while cutting up vegetables.

"Ooh she said she can whip it", Sedora said with a smile.

"Can you teach me how to whip, teach me how to whip ittt ", Johanna sang as she made the kool-aid, the only thing she could prepare properly.

" Please do ", Egypt said, seasoning the meat.

The girls laughed and continued preparing for the barbecue they were about to have. It was 65°, which was odd for this time of year, but they enjoyed it.

Johanna pulled out her phone and plugged it up to the Beats speaker that was on one of the counters. As son as the girls heard the beat, the began to sing together.

Oh when you walk by every night
Talking sweet and looking fine
I get kind of hectic inside
Oh baby I'm so into you
Darling if you only knew
All the things that flow through my mind
But it's just a

[Chorus:]
Sweet sweet fantasy baby
When I close my eyes
You come and take me
On and on and on
It's so deep in my daydreams
But it's just a sweet sweet fantasy baby

Images of rapture
Creep into me slowly
As you're going to my head
And my heart beats faster
When you take me over
Time and time and time again
But it's just a

[Chorus]

I'm in heaven
With my boyfriend
My laughing boyfriend
there is no end
Feels like I'm dreaming but I'm not sleeping

It's just a

" sweet sweet fantasy baby", Ivory sang.

Johanna and Sedora became background singers while Egypt was a dancer.

" Sweet sweet fantasy baby"

"Fantasy"

"Shadadoodadoodadoo"

They all posed as the song ended and we're met by the sound of light applause.

They looked up to see Safari and Tafari clapping, with wide grins on their faces.

"Encore! Encore! ", Tafari said.

They all laughed and began to go back to their cooking as Tafari sat down at the island and Safari went upstairs.

" So, what'd you guys do? ", Sedora asked while putting together a salad.

" Well, we went to see a real estate agent and the building Safari has here", Tafari responded. Averting his eyes to Ivory's backside.

"Real estate agent? For what? ", Johanna asked.

" I don't know, Safari wouldn't tell me why we were there, but we looked at a few nice ass condos", Tafari answered, taking his eyes off of Ivory's backside.

Sedora crinkled her eyebrows at him, sensing that he was lying. He gave her a look that said he would explain later and she discreetly nodded her head.