Runaway

Ivory began her short journey to Detroit with many prayers. Achebe asked her not to call her mother, who thought she was staying at her grandparents house in Atlanta.

Achebe was only at her grandparents house for an hour or two before waiting until they went to sleep.
She then met up with Antonio and started their voyage to New York. How they ended up in Detroit was beyond Ivory's knowledge, but she decided that could wait. Fearful thoughts ran through her mind as she kept thinking of how scared Achebe sounded.

"What the hell do you mean you ran away?! Are you crazy or just plain stupid?!", Ivory yelled out of anger.

She frantically ran around the room, grabbing a pair of shoes and the keys to the car Safari made her take back.

"I know I know, I'm sorry. Can you please come get me Ivory, please?", Achebe pleaded.

"Yeah Yeah, where are you and where's Antonio?", she asked, locking her door.

"I'm at 100 Spruce Street. I'm not sure where Antonio went, but he left three hours ago. He said he was just going around the corner to get some chips and an Arizona. Can you please hurry. These guys keep staring at me", she said, on the verge of tears.

Ivory threw her hands up

"What guys? He left you with a bunch of niggas you don't know? Typical", she said, highly frustrated and upset.

"Yeah, I'm in the bathroom right now", she said, lowering her voice when she noticed the group of loud boys suddenly got quiet.

"Achebe stay in the bathroom and lock the door if you need to. I'm gonna call someone to help you out OK? I'll call right back", she reassured her.

Achebe nodded her head

"Ok", she said in a quiet voice, now afraid of the sudden silence.

They were listening to her conversation, she could tell.

Ivory dialed the first person that came to mind when she needed muscle

Safari

Ivory prayed that he would pick up as she dashed in and out of lanes, praying that she didn't get into an accident with this reckless driving.

Luckily, Safari had a late night and early morning at the office, something that happened more often.

"Hello", he spoke, thinking something was wrong for Ivory to be calling this early in the morning.

"Hey I need your help", she said.

Ivory was only a few minutes away from the address Achebe gave her. She entered a neighborhood that was in desperate need of a makeover.

"Achebe ", she grumbled.

She hopped out of the car and ran up the porch, stairs creaking with each step. She banged on the door like she was the police.

" Who the fuck is at my door?! ", a voice barked.

The curtain to the cracked window opened up and Ivory saw a face peek through. The door swung open, revealing an average height guy who had an....interesting.... face. He had face tats and blonde baby dreads.

" Can I help you? ", he asked, looking her up and down.

Ivory took a minute to recover from his very hot breath.