Too Much

Ivory returned to her dorm and nearly had a heart attack when she saw Safari standing there. She clutched her chest and let out a shaky breath.

"How did you get in here?", Ivory asked.

"That's not important. Come on I have to show you something", he said with a smile.

He grabbed her wrist and practically dragged her out the door. She protested, but he ignored her and the small whimpers she let out.

They went outside where the Audi was waiting. Ivory looked at the large bow on the car and the triumphant smile on Safari's face.

"Ummm....you got a new car?", Ivory asked.

Safari laughed before shaking his head.

"No, you got a new car", he said with a smile.

Ivory looked at him with wide eyes and an open mouth. By the look on his face, she could tell he was serious.

"I can't accept this Safari. It's too much and definitely cost a fortune", she said quickly.

Safari furrowed his eyebrows and shook his head, getting agitated that she wouldn't be grateful.

"I'm not taking no for an answer. Quit being complicated", he said with a mean mug.

Ivory sighed and threw her hands up, giving in to his demands. Ivory walked over to the driver's side while Safari went to the passenger side.

She drove around with a quiet Safari before going back to campus. As soon as they got there, he left with a mumbled "Call you later". Ivory paid it no mind and got dressed to go out with Dubai, Ashley, and Jazlyn.

They decided to meet up at an Italian restaurant near campus. The girls were surprised to see Ivory pull up in a new Audi.

"Girl that whip is fye!", Dubai exclaimed.

They were all seated and had their drinks. Ivory rolled her eyes at the thought of how she got that car.

"Yeah, I guess", she replied nonchalantly.

Dubai looked over at Jazlyn and Ashley with a confused look. They all held the same look.

"OK dish"

"And don't leave any details out", Ashley said.

Ivory told them the story of Safari, but left out what she found out at the library. She didn't want them to think something was really wrong with him when she wasn't for sure.

By the end, the girls held both amused and worried faces. Amused at what this man bought Ivory, but also worried for her safety.

"Hmmm I don't know about him Ivory. He seems like he can really hurt you", Jazlyn said truthfully.

She didn't want anything to happen to her new found friend. Safari didn't seem like the best person to be around either.

"I agree", Ashley added.

"I don't know, it sounds like this nigga is in love with you. Maybe you should give him a chance", Dubai spoke.

Ashley shrugged and Jazlyn shook her head. They ate in silence as Ivory considered everything they said.

She knew he was bad news, but she somehow felt it wasn't really his fault. Ivory wanted to help Safari.

And hoped she wouldn't get hurt in the process.