"B**** Is Crazy"

Safari pulled into the driveway of the old plantation house. He took a deep breath and got out the car. A woman appeared at the doorway with her arms crossed.

"Well well well, look what we have here", she said with a grin.

"Hey, is she here?", Safari asked bluntly.

The woman laughed

"God no. My daughter isn't dumb enough to try and come back here. Especially not after she tried to clear our bank account", she replied.

Safari made his way up the porch and embraced the woman in a hug.

"Come on in", she said with a small smile.
***********************************
Achebe flipped the last pancake before removing it from the skillet shortly after. She cooked breakfast as always, but this time she was cooking for two.

"Here ya go", she said, handing Tafari a plate.

"Thank you", he replied with a smile.

Achebe sat down across from him with her plate, wasting no time digging in.

"So Achebe, tell me a little more about yourself", Tafari said, cutting into his pancakes.

"Well I'm still in school and I just moved from California", she answered.

"Really? What are you majoring in?", he inquired.

Achebe took a sip of her juice and cleared her throat.

"Nothing in particular. I'm learning a little bit of everything", she said, looking down at her food.

"Oh, I see"

"Well I was undeclared my first two years of college, so I understand your situation", he added.

Achebe bit her lip

"No actually I'm still in h----

Achebe was interrupted by the ringing of a cell phone.

"I'm sorry, excuse me for a minute", Tafari said, grabbing his phone.

"Oh uh yeah......", Achebe nodded in understanding.

Tafari took his call into his office, leaving Achebe with her food and thoughts.

Although he was in his office, Achebe could hear what he was saying. Whoever was on the phone must've said something he didn't want to hear because he raised his voice and sighed heavily.

"Yeah yeah I know. Bye", he spat, ending the call.

Achebe began to cut into her pancakes again, pretending that she wasn't slightly listening in on his conversation.

"I'm sorry Achebe, but I have to cut our talk short. I'll see you later and thanks for breakfast", he said, grabbing his wallet and keys. He gave her hand a light squeeze along with a smile.

"You're welcome", she spoke as he walked away from her and out the door.

Achebe sat back and bit her lip as an unfamiliar feeling made its way into her stomach. Butterflies.
***********************************
Ivory sat in class thinking about Violet, who was being babysitted by Achebe. Besides her revelation last night, she'd been acting pretty normal. Ivory kept telling herself that Frankie was probably just an imaginary friend, but something in her heart made her feel otherwise. She decided she would call Safari after class and tell him. Although, she felt like he would proably brush it off and be nonchalant about it. Still, she needed to tell him and quickly.