Secrets

"The joke is on both of whom?", Tafari asked his brother quizzically

"I'll be damned if I know. That braud is crazy man...to think I was actually in love with her at one point", Safari replied

"She's not going away...I hope you know that. It'll take some pretty drastic measures before she leaves you alone bro", Tafari said, shaking his head.

"I'm already knowing, but can I ask you something?"

"No, I'm not the father. I haven't been with Kiyanne since...you know...", Tafari trailed off

An awkward silence hung in the air as both brothers remembered what had happened in the past.

"Violet...", Safari said quietly

"She's your daughter for sure. I know there was some question about it, but look at her. She's definitely your seed", Tafari said reassuringly.

"Yeah, you're right", he responded, peeking over at her. 

She was talking to herself, which was something she did often. Safari wasn't sure if he should be concerned or not because he knew that kids had imaginary friends. He and Ivory decided that they would become concerned if she started doing things that were abnormal.

"Can ya'll come over for dinner tonight? Achebe and I want to talk to the both of you", Tafari asked.

Safari got up from the recliner and poked his head inside the bedroom. Ivory was staring absentmindedly at the tv. He went back to the living room upon seeing her.

"Uh I don't know...Ivory's been acting a little odd. I think the twins are really taking a toll on her or something"

"Oh? Well I hope she feels better bro. Let me know if anything changes by tonight though...Achebe really wants us all to have dinner", Tafari stressed.

"Will do. Stay safe"

"Stay safe", Tafari repeated before hanging up.

Safari quietly walked back to the bedroom and sat next to Ivory on the large king mattress.

Her eyes lazily rolled towards him before making their way back to the tv.

"What's going on with you?", he asked

Ivory spoke without looking at him

"I'm fine", she spoke simply

"Where'd you go babe?", he asked softly, pulling her chin towards him

She looked down before looking back up at him

"I'm just really tired...that's all", she said reassuringly

Safari gave her a soft kiss on the lips before pulling away and sliding off of the bed.

"Achebe and Tafari invited us over for dinner tonight. You up to it?", he asked

Ivory thought of Achebe's hurriedness yesterday and thought of the reasoning behind it. Maybe she would find out tonight.

"Sure, but I'll have to take a nap first"

"Alright, I'll let Tafari know"

***************************************************************************************

Kiyanne paced back and forth in her room, trying to figure out her next move. 

"I have to have Safari's baby. The courts will probably give him Violet, but if I have another one, we'll have to keep negotiating. I can get him to love me again...if I get rid of that slut', she thought.