Just A Friend

"What do you mean you're only 17? You didn't say anything when we were on that couch kissing!", Tafari yelled.

"I know and I'm sorry. I just thought you would look at me differently if I told you how old I really was. Please don't get upset", Achebe pleaded.

"Upset?! Achebe I have known you for 2 days and I've already developed a liking to you. You hear me?! 2 damn days! That shit is unknown to me do you understand that?! Now you're standing here telling me you not legal yet? Well that's just my luck isn't it", he ranted.

Achebe bit her lip and for a split second Tafari's face changed

"Fuck don't do that! That shit is so...just stop. I can't even look at you right now without being disappointed"

"Well 17 is the age of consent......", she trailed off, looking down at her feet.

Tafari laughed a humorless chuckle.

"When I have a woman, I like to show her off. I go to a lot of high profile events Achebe. What do you think would happen if I took you? I would automatically be branded as a pedophile or something and they would start calling me Tyga (I'm sorry, I had to lol)", Tafari said, sitting down.

Achebe stood there silently before sitting next to him.

"We can keep it between us until I turn 18", Achebe said hopefully.

Tafari shook his head

"December? Ha yeah ok Achebe. I don't even know how long I'll be staying here", he replied.

"Oh.....ok", she said before standing up.

Tafari sighed as he shook his head.

"What am I doing?", he mumbled to himself.

"Look, let's just be friends for a while", he said.

Achebe nodded her head

"Ok"

"And we'll just see how it goes from there alright?", he questioned.

"Fine by me", she said with a nod

"Ok, good"
************************************