Alive

Achebe rolled out of the bed and dragged herself to the bathroom. She didn't want to move at all, but she had to go. After she did her business, she went to the dresser and picked up her now dead phone.

"Everyone's dying huh?", she asked aloud.

She looked back at a sleeping Ivory and decided to go grab some food. She slid on her shoes and jacket before grabbing the keys to the truck. She slowly walked out of the room and went down the long hallway. Another door opened as she walked, but she paid it no mind. She heard someone quickly walk behind her. She glanced over her shoulder before doing a double take and turning completely around.

"Hey baby", he whispered

Achebe clutched her chest and a small cry escaped her throat. She stood there, frozen in the moment. He put his arms out and Achebe slowly walked towards him. Once she reached him, she embraced him and held on like her life depended on it.

"I thought you were dead", she wept.

Tafari stroked her head

"I'm so sorry", he said, comforting her. He held her for what seemed like forever before she pulled back.

"Where's Safari?", she asked cautiously, afraid of the possible answer.

"Oh that fool? He's in the hospital,but he's fine", he responded.

"I have to go tell Ivory", she said, turning towards their room.

"Let her sleep. Lets talk", Tafari said, pulling her towards his room.

Achebe nodded her head and went to his room. He shut the door and sat next to her, causing her to hug him again. She looked up at him and gave him a small kiss. He reciprocated the action, which led to more kissing. Achebe pushed him back and climbed on top of him, pulling her shirt off.

"Are you sure?", Tafari asked.

Achebe nodded and bent down to kiss him again.

"I thought I lost you"
************************************
Ivory lied in the bed, pretending to be asleep. She'd actually been up for hours, but she couldn't bring herself to move. Once Achebe left, she rolled out of bed after half an hour and went to wash her face. Her eyes were puffy and a trail of dried tears ran down her face.

She sighed and examined her red, tired eyes before brushing her teeth. She then brushed her hair and put it into a side braid. She went back to the room and turned on the tv.

"A house fire claimed the lives of many last night. Ten casualties, including wealthy businessman and suspected Boko Haram leader, Jacob Chicuabe, who owned the home. The cause of the fire is still under investigation, but the police suspect this may have been in relation to the terrorist group"

Ivory put her hand to her heart as she thought about Safari.

"He's really gone", she said aloud. She covered her face with her hands as she began to break down again.

Laying back in the bed, she wrapped her arms around her stomach before abruptly sitting back up.

"Little J", she whispered to her stomach, calling the baby by the nickname Achebe gave it. She rubbed her stomach, hoping that the baby would at least kick. It was usually very active, but these past few days Ivory felt nothing.

"I need to see a doctor", she said aloud.

She looked over to the dresser and noticed the keys were gone. She then remembered that Achebe had left earlier. Ivory picked up the room phone since she didn't know where hers was and dialed Achebe's number.

Going straight to voicemail, she sighed and decided to go find a nearby place to eat. She felt like she hadn't eaten in days, which gave her a little hope that she was still eating for two. She slid on a hoodie and some shoes before going out the door.
************************************
"Dude come get me. You know I hate hospitals", Safari whispered into his phone.

"Nigga ya ribs are broken and you have a concussion. You need to chill out for a while"

"I can't chill out if my girl and my seed are away from me like this"

Tafari sighed before letting out a small chuckle.

"She's fine. She's still sleep, but Achebe is gonna go wake her up so we can come see you"

"Good. I missed her more than you can imagine", Safari replied truthfully.

"Yeah yeah I know. I'll see you later bro"

They both hung up and Safari slid his phone back under his pillow. His doctor told him he needed to relax and stay still for the first few days, but Safari had moves to make. He still didn't know who he was shooting at, but he really didn't care. All he knew was that this African man was hurting the love of his life.

Safari stared up at the ceiling, listening to all the hospital chatter. He knew his injuries were serious and would take a lot of recovery time, but he couldn't stop thinking about Ivory.

"African American female, looks to be in her early twenties. She passed out in a cafe with no identification and seems to be pregnant", he heard a nurse cite.

He sat up for a minute as he thought

"Nah that couldn't possibly be her", he said to himself, dismissing the thought, laying back down. He then readjusted himself and quickly went to sleep.

************************************
Achebe sashayed back to her room with a big smile on her face. Her and Tafari didn't go all the way, but she was satisfied with what they did do. She slid the keycard and automatically looked at the bed, where she assumed Ivory would be. To her surprise, the room was vacant. Achebe began to panic as she searched the room and the hallway. Tafari swayed out of his room with a smirk, which quickly turned into a frown.

"What's wrong?"

"Ivory isn't in our room"

Tafari smacked his lips

"She's pregnant babe. She probably went to get something to eat. Its too early to panic"

"Are you joking? Do you not recall what happened last night? Ivory gave me a summary of what happened to her and for all we know, she could've been kidnapped again", Achebe nipped.

Tafari furrowed his eyebrows as she walked past him to the lobby.

"What do you mean again?", he called after her.

The pair went to the lobby and asked the people standing around if they'd seen Ivory. An elderly man recalled seeing her go outside, but he wasn't sure which direction she went. They went from place to place, showing people a picture of Ivory. Achebe checked the restaurants on one side of the street while Tafari checked the other. One man said he'd never saw her, but he wished he did. These dead ends continued for a while before they finally got some useful information. A waitress recognised the young beautiful woman who fainted right in front of her. Upon hearing this, both Achebe and Tafari's hearts dropped.

They quickly went to the truck and sped off to the nearest hospital.