Part 15

(Tommy POV)

Tommy ran his hand through his hair and fidgeted in the chair, making the bell off the cat collar jingle. The four men sat in a circle as they listened to Gene ramble on about the photographs taken when you and Tara were both drunk. Tommy made eye contact with Eric, seeing his face turning red as the older man continued to bash both women. The bassist pulled out his phone for the fourth time, showing the different comments that fans had left.

"Gene, those are probably the same fans, that bash Eric and me all the time about being imposters. Why do you care so much about this shit, has married life gotten so boring already that you seek drama out more?" Tommy asked.

"You should have left them as groupies on the ship! In fact, they led you two around like you've got collars and leashes attached to you. They are just women, and you two just went for the first pussy that felt good to you. We all represent the band even when we are not all four together." Gene said.

Tommy moved in his chair and covered his mouth, trying to stop himself from laughing at Gene's comment. The sound of jingling made the guitarist slightly jump, flashing his hand to his belt loop to silence the noise. Turning back around, Tommy noticed Paul and Eric staring at him, trying to locate where the noise was coming from. Gene sighed loudly, bringing everyone's focus back to him.

"Oh, fuck off with that Simmons. How many times have Doc and me sat down with you and told you to stop doing stupid shit? They got drunk! They didn't drive or get into a fistfight with anyone, move on." Paul scoffed.

"This is just as much your fault as theirs, Paul! I told you to leave it alone and let Tommy find a girl on his own, but no Mister Fix-It had to announce it to the crowd that Thayer was lonely, and brought poor Eric along for the ride. Now Eric is with someone with a rap sheet as long as my wrist, plus an addiction issue. Tommy's girl has a parent locked up in a psych ward, a brother in prison, and is so far in debt it's no wonder why she's hooked like glue to you." The bassist said.

"Do you think I don't know that about my girlfriend, Gene? It's not for you to be airing out for everyone here." Eric said, clenching his fist at his side.

"This conversation is done, Gene there's nothing here to discuss you just want to hear your own voice. Now, let's discuss this gig." Paul said, clapping his hand together.

"Let's just get this over with. This entire day was a waste. I could have been making money and making the wife happy." the bassist replied.

"Yes, because we all know you can't make her happy, so why not add another zero in behind the thousands you give her for an allowance." Eric snapped,

"Hey Paul, I think we should talk about adding some other songs in, well that is if you can teach the old dog here new tricks." Tommy said, looking Gene straight in the eye.

Tommy stood up from his chair just as Gene came bolting over to him. The guitarist put his hand on the older man's chest, keeping him back for Gene's own safety. The younger man may have been the quiet one of the band, but he had an explosive temper. Gene put his finger in Tommy's face, and snarled, spit forming in the corners of his mouth.

"Paul doesn't decide what does or doesn't get played on the set list! I'm so tired of you and Eric thinking that I hold no weight in this fucking band anymore!" Gene yelled.

"We all know you hold weight Gene, it's just here," Tommy replied, pointing at his stomach

Paul and Eric stepped in between both the bassist and guitarist, seeing the tension growing. Eric moved Tommy back to his seat, looking down at the other man's waist as the bell chimed again. Tommy glanced over, seeing Gene push Paul's hands off of him, turning to gather his cell phone and put it in his jacket pocket.