Part 44

(Reader POV)

"Miss Y/L/N, the pregnancy test came back negative and all of your other test results look to be okay. We would like to keep you overnight just for observation." the doctor replied.

You felt your stomach drop as you grabbed the guitarist's hand and held it in yours. The two of you had never discussed having children, but you had your hopes up on having a little boy that looked just like the guitarist. Tommy leaned over and kissed the side of your head and let out a shaky breath before turning back to the doctor and clearing his throat. You quickly wiped the tears from your eyes as you waited for Tommy to speak to the doctor.

"If the test results are fine, then why do you need to keep her?" Tommy asked.

"Mr. Thayer, your girlfriend hit her head on the ground, if you haven't noticed the large lump on her forehead. She has a concussion. We would like to check her again in the morning if that's okay." the doctor replied.

"I would like to go home, please. It's been a long day and I feel fine now. Can you please just get the discharge orders together and the recommendations for the doctors like we talked about?" You asked.

"Yes, ma'am," the doctor replied, turning on his heels to walk out

You covered your mouth to hide the sound of the sob forming in your throat as the tears fell down your face. Tommy wrapped his arms around your body and pulled you to his chest, whispering sweet words into your ear between kisses that he applied to the side of your face. You freely cried for a few minutes, wondering why everything was hitting you so hard about the negative pregnancy test when the guitarist lifted your chin up to look at him. He ran his thumb across your cheek, wiping the tears away as they fell. Tommy gently kissed your lips and let out a shaky sigh before he spoke again.

"Y/N, I know you were hoping for a positive test because I was too, but we can keep trying now that we both know we want at least one child together." He said.

"I dont know why I'm so upset about it. It's not like I was pregnant and we lost the baby. I was just late on my period until a few hours ago." You replied.

"Once you get to feeling better and we see this other doctor, we can start really trying, okay? I'm going to call Tara and Paul, just to let them know everything is okay." Tommy told you, as he attempted to stand up.

You grabbed his hand and pulled him back to the bed before leaning forward and kissing his lips slowly. He let out a surprised moan and wrapped his arms around your waist, pulling you as close to his body as the wires attached to you would allow him to. You ran your hands through his black shaggy hair as the guitarist's hands roamed across your body. Tommy ran his tongue over your bottom lip, requesting entrance to your mouth, which you happily opened up for him. The two of you searched the other's mouth slowly, as though time had stood still for this moment. The guitarist went to push you back against the bed when there was a knock on the door, making the two of you pull away quickly. A young nurse came walking into the room holding a stack of paperwork.

"I think I'm going to make that phone call now." Tommy replied, with a small wink

"It looks like I'm going to be busy for a bit, so give Tara my love." You said.

Tommy nodded his head at you and walked out of the room, leaving butterflies in your stomach. You tried to listen closely to the nurse's discharge instruction, but your mind kept wondering about the image of a little boy with big brown eyes and shaggy brown hair.