Part 29

Later That Evening

The guitarist looked out the window of the SUV grinning as you, as you lightly snored against his shoulder. The driver had barely closed the back passenger door before you had passed back out. He shook his head, knowing traveling with the band would be a major change for you with the jet lag and time differences. Tommy watched the scenery fly past his view, trying to not get aggravated with the driver's erratic driving. The guitarist thought back to the last week between the funeral and the envelopes of doom following the two of you like a damn black cloud.

"Baby, you need to wake up a bit. We are about two minutes away from our house," Tommy said, as he tapped your thigh.

"Too tired, carrying me in after the luggage. I'll make up to you later," you mumbled, slapping his hand away.

"Excuse me, sir, do you have a water bottle up there?" Tommy asked.

"You wouldn't dare," You replied, sitting up slightly to look at him

The driver sat a water bottle on the center console, making the guitarist chuckle. He looked from you to the bottle, quickly snatching up. You narrowed your eyes at him, just as the driver put the car in park hopping out of the vehicle. Tommy watched the man walk to the trunk of the SUV before the guitarist turned back to look at you. Slowly unscrewing the cap off the bottle and sliding over in the seat as you tried to move toward your door.

"When you said you were going to have me dripping wet, this wasn't exactly what I had in mind." You replied, pushing his hand away from you.

Tommy's mouth hung open from the blunt comment you made with the driver in earshot, as he took the bags to the front door. He shook his head and watched your grin grow wider before you darted out of the car door. The guitarist dashed after you, picking you up in the middle of the yard bridal style. You wrapped your arms around his neck, holding on like you were afraid he would drop you.

"You are so lucky there is no ocean or pool close enough or there would be a repeat of our second beach date," Tommy said matter-of-factly

"Whatever. Just remember, payback is a bitch. I would cut you off but it hurts me too," You replied, rolling your eyes and trying to get out of his arms.

The guitarist shook his head at your comment, knowing he could easily walk you straight through the house to the backyard and throw you in the pool, jeans and all.. Tommy spun you around a few times making you both laugh and slap his chest with one hand. The driver nodded his goodbyes as the guitarist sat you down on the front step, fishing for his keys, ignoring you, knowing that payback was on its way for his actions in the car.

"Home sweet home, with hopefully no interruptions from Elf Boy and his queen of chaos. I need a break before the tour starts. That means not inviting Tara out here when you get a little cranky with me either," Tommy said, picking up the two bags.

"I have other people I can call to vent to remember that." You replied, sticking your tongue out at him.

"Don't you dare call Paul! That was a nightmare traveling back with him. That man is very chatty and hyper. Wait until you have him and Eric together on tour," The guitarist groaned.

"Wait, you would take me on tour with you? Shouldn't I be working and managing the house while you are gone?" You asked, confused.

Tommy dropped the bags on the floor and kicked the front door closed. It was something else that differed from his marriage. Amber demanded to be with the guitarist on every tour out of trust issues. You wanted to make sure he had a home to come back to. The guitarist moved away from the door and slowly made his way to you, trying to think of what to say to you. You moved backwards with each step he took until your back was against the wall.

The two of you looked at each other for what seemed like hours until Tommy pressed his lips against yours. Slowly kissing you as though it would keep him alive if the two of you were connected. Your hands went around his neck and stroked his hair. Moving in closer to you and turning the soft and affectionate kiss into wet and needed. Tommy pushed his body into yours, shoving his tongue into your mouth, tasting the coffee you had drank on the plane. Finally, you pushed him away, gasping for air.

"Why do you think I would leave you behind?" Tommy asked, stroking your face

"I figured you and the boys would be busy with interviews and well gigs. There would be no place for me to actually be with you." You replied with a shrug.

"We get days off, and I want to show you the world and show you off, period. Tara is going I know, and Erin comes out from time to time with the kids." the guitarist replied,

"Then who watches your house?" You asked, still confused.

"Family, they live down the road from here. I'll take you to meet them sometime this week." He replied.

Tommy tried not to chuckle as you looked back at him with wide eyes. He had no doubts at all that his parents would adore you, just like he did. You may be shy, but everyone realized you weren't after his money or with him to get your foot in the door to be famous. The guitarist leaned in to continue with what he had promised when you let out an enormous yawn and quickly covered your mouth.

"Ouch my ego," Tommy said with a pout

"You know I love your kisses and everything else that you do. I guess this trip exhausted me," You replied.

Flashing a grin at you, Tommy leaned down and picked you up again, walking you up the stairs to the master bedroom. He laid you down on your side of the bed and pulled your sneakers off, as you looked up at him with heavy eyes. The trip had been draining both physically and mentally. No matter how much the guitarist wanted to christen the house with you, he found exhaustion taking over himself.

"I'm sorry you're not getting laid like I promised," You replied, grabbing the blanket at the end of the bed.

"Y/N, I promise I am not mad at all. We have all the time in the world to fuck each other's brains out. We can nap and then see where the evening takes us." Tommy said, laying down beside you.

The guitarist pulled you to his chest and stroked your hair, as he felt your hand rest on his stomach. Your snores lightly filled the room in seconds, making Tommy smile at the thought of how comfortable you had become around him. He kissed the top of your head before feeling his own eyelids grow heavy. Dreams taking over of introducing you to the family and his ex making an appearance to win him back.