Part 41

(Tommy POV)

The guitarist pulled the car into the parking lot of a small donut shop and shut the car off. The two of you had stayed quiet the biggest part of the trip to the restaurant, lost in your own thoughts. Tommy worried about what the contents of the envelopes would do to you mentally. He had done everything in his power to keep you safe and happy with him, but this may be your breaking point.

"You know I love you, right?" He asked.

"Of course Tommy, I love you too. Should we go in?" You replied.

"Sure," Tommy replied, exiting the car

Tommy walked over to your side of the car and opened the door, holding his hand out for you to take. He pulled you to him gently and kissed the side of your face, smiling as a smile graced your face. To the guitarist you were nothing beyond perfect to him, and the person he wanted to be with forever no matter what situation the two of you were battling at the moment. The two of you walked hand in hand together to the door, standing in the long line of people waiting to order their food or to pick up their order. Tommy looked over at you, seeing the small smile fade from your face as the wheels turned, and the guitarist thought back on what Paul had said about the possibility of a pregnancy. The guitarist cleared his throat and turned to look at you, making you shoot your head up to look at him.

"I was wondering if we could talk about something else before we got down to business on those things," Tommy said, pointing at the envelope.

"Yeah, of course. Do you want to discuss it here in line or at a table?" You asked, motioning to the back area.

The guitarist went to open his mouth as the person in front of him moved out of the way, giving the two of you a chance to place your order. You both let out a small chuckle and quickly placed your orders before going to a table way in the back of the restaurant where you could still hear your number be called out when the time came. Tommy pulled out a chair for you before taking a seat across from you, smiling nervously as he tried to think of the right words to say. You grabbed his hand and held it in yours, calmly rubbing small circles on the top of it. The two of you stayed quiet for a moment before you opened your mouth, taking the guitarist by surprise.

"I think we need to go get a pregnancy test. I'm three weeks late," You sputtered out.

"I was just about to ask you if you were feeling okay or if you were late," Tommy replied, letting out a deep breath

"I know we've never talked about children or where we want this relationship to go. You know, since you just got out of a nasty divorce a year ago." You said.

"You thought I didn't want to get married again because of a nasty divorce? Oh, sweetheart, I'd marry you today if given the opportunity." Tommy replied.

Tommy laughed as you looked back at him with wide eyes and quickly handed you the cup of coffee sitting in front of you to take a drink. He leaned across the table and kissed your forehead before he took a sip of his own coffee, the wheels in his head turning faster as he thought about marriage and the possibility of a child with you. The guitarist started making a plan in his head and knew the first person he would need to call in order to help him execute it all. You grabbed the envelopes and laid them out on the table, as Tommy's name was called at the front of the store. He jumped up from the table and walked to the front, grabbing his phone out of his front pocket, and dialing a number quickly. As the phone ran, he grabbed the food and stood over to the side, waiting for the person to answer. Finally, after a few rings, a voice came across the line, making Tommy somewhat anxious.

"If you called to tell me to come get my best friend, just know I'm going to have Eric kick your ass," Tara said into the phone

"That's not what I was going to say at all. I actually need your help with a proposal, unless you don't think I'm good enough for your best friend anymore?" Tommy asked.

The guitarist pulled the phone away as the woman screamed in excitement in his ear. He let out a small chuckle and quickly explained his plan to the woman. Tommy said his goodbyes and walked back to the table, finding you sitting with tears in your eyes and stacks of papers on the table. He sat down the tray of donuts on the table and took a seat next to you, wrapping an arm around you and pulling you to his chest. You sobbed into his shirt as the guitarist looked around, making sure no one was looking at the two of you.

"I can't believe she did this," you whispered as you pulled away

"Who did what? Y/N talk to me. What did you find out?" Tommy asked.

You picked up one piece of paper and handed it to the guitarist, making his stomach drop. His eyes quickly scanned over the piece of paper before he turned to look at you, seeing the tears forming back in your eyes again.

"Baby, I'm so sorry," he whispered