Part 24

Tommy sipped his coffee, watching you closely as you looked over the menu, letting out a deep sigh, making the guitarist smile to himself. He debated rather or not to tell you about Gene's findings or to get you to talk more about your family life. Neither of you had really talked about your family's lives with how fast the relationship started. You put your menu and cocked your head to the side, confused by Tommy's stare.

"Do you know what you are going to eat or do you need some more time?" You asked.

"Uh no, I'm going to stick with coffee, sweetheart, but order whatever you want." Tommy replied, waving for the waitress.

The guitarist grinned as you pointed at the menu and gave the elderly waitress your order, knowing it was probably going to be enough food for the two of you. The woman smiled at both of you before refilling the coffee cups. Tommy put his cup down and folded his arms in front of him on the table, watching you to do the same. The booth stayed silent for a bit before the guitarist cleared his throat and took another sip of coffee. Finally ready to speak.

"We both seem to have a bit of a temper. Is going for a walk around the block your normal way to cool off?" Tommy asked.

"That or journaling. I figured flying 3,000 miles away didn't work well last time, so this was the next best option," you replied with a smirk.

"You're such a smartass, but yes, I did panic that I would get a call from Paul again. We really need to talk about some stuff, though. We jumped into being in a relationship quickly, mainly my fault there. So we know nothing about our past, really. Wanna talk about it now?" The guitarist asked, slightly cringing.

"What you really want to know is why my mom and brother disappeared, plus why I didn't run away from my dad and go search for them," You said bluntly.

"Yeah, that's part of it, but I'd like to know about your dad, hopes, dreams, and where you see us." Tommy snapped.

You went to open your mouth just as the server brought the waffles and bacon you had ordered to the table. The two of you nodded at the woman before turning your attention back to the conversation. Tommy waited to see if you would open up or put the focus back on him, asking the guitarist questions instead. You dug into your food and kept your eyes focused on your plate. The guitarist drummed his fingers on the table, wondering if he should just leave you be and go back to the hotel.

"The last time I saw my mom, I was five years old. Pops had come home drunk again, and they got into their usual heated arguments. Like always, because Michael was just a little over two years old, I grabbed his hand and we hid in the closet. My brother was too little to see how nasty those fights would get. What was different about this night though," you said, feeling yourself choke up.

"Y/N I shouldn't have pushed, we can talk about it at home," Tommy said, looking back at you panicked

"What was different is the fight stopped in five minutes. I pulled Mikey out just as my mom came into the room and pulled out his diaper bag, then left, only to return seconds later with an enormous suitcase. Hell, I think she could have taught you and the band how to pack quicker than you already with how fast she filled the bags." You continued,

You looked up at the guitarist and bit your lip as your chin quivered. That night was something you never talked about. Dad had told you after you had brought it up for a month straight that your mom loved your brother more and would never come back for you. Noticing Tommy hold his hand up, peaked out of the booth to see the server holding a coffee pot and the check.

"She backed everything up for Mikey that she could fit in the bag, and when I peeked in her bag, I saw that none of my stuff was there. Mom said she had to take the baby somewhere safe first and get him settled. Ma promised to give her two weeks, and she'd be back. Well, I'm thirty two in four months and haven't seen her or my brother." You chuckled.

Tommy grabbed your hands from across the table, and brought them to his mouth, kissing each hand. He looked back at you, seeing the tears dance down your face. A clear sign it would not be a good time to give you the information about your mother until the guitarist confirmed everything Gene had said for himself.

"You know, when I went to dad's house there was a letter there for me. It terrified me to open it. Knowing dad it could be anything from him being mad I abandon him for you or paperwork for the house." You said

"Is it in your bag or did you leave it there?" Tommy asked, surprised you were just bringing it up

"Yeah, it's at the hotel. Maybe now would be a good time to finally read it. After, of course, you tell me about your family," You replied, standing up

"Let's pay and see what we feel like when we get back to our room. Deal?" Tommy said,

The guitarist wrapped his arms around your waist and kissed your forehead. Grinning at the feeling of your smile radiating from you. He let you go and smacked your ass, causing you to yelp and jump. You turned and attempted to glare at him, until the guitarist tilted his head and flashing the grin you loved, making you melt. Tommy quickly paid the waitress, while you stood by the door wondering if you let the guitarist know too much about your past and how crazy you were.