Part 32

The guitarist looked at you with a small smile, making your heartbeat kick up even faster than before. You knew at the time of the Kruise, Tommy hadn't been divorced very long, but you didn't think his family would still be involved with the woman that crushed the man's world. Tommy grabbed your hand and brought your attention back to him for the moment.

"Amber lives close by and is friends with my family. We were together over twelve years before I popped the questions. I can't stop Anne or any of my brothers from inviting her to their homes. I love you and that's all that matters. If she comes, she will bring over the guy she left me for. So we both will be uncomfortable," Tommy said, kissing your hand.

"What if they hate me? I mean, look at me compared to her. She is beautiful and a rockstar wife material. I just got lucky that our friends forced us on that first date and you decided you wanted me to stay. What if you find you still have feelings for her?" you stammered

"You're wrong Y/N, it was me that was the lucky one. If it wasn't for Paul pushing me to get back into the dating field, I would just be here sulking, waiting for the next call to pack up and leave again. Yet this beautiful woman came home with me and started a life. I don't care what Tara thinks, my band or my family. You are who I'm in love with and want a future with." Tommy replied,

You looked at him, stunned by his comment for a moment, then leaned forward and kissed him softly on the lips. Tommy groaned as you pulled away from him and stood up from the sofa. He looked at you and tried to grab your hand to pull you back to his lap and finish what had to be started, but you smacked his hand away.

"Thomas, now stop it. We have to leave the house if we are going to get this to-do list done." You said sternly.

"Don't you start with that Thomas stuff! I hate it when my big brother does it. I don't need you telling Tara and getting Elf boy started with calling me that," He replied, standing up.

He kissed you again and then swatted your ass, making you yelp loudly, making Tommy laugh. You glared at him and headed toward the garage, waiting for him to grab his keys. Thinking over what he had said about Amber, you pulled out your cell phone and found your best friend's number. You typed a message to Tara as quickly as you could before the guitarist came outside.

"S.O.S!!!! CALL ME ASAP TROUBLE BREWING," The message read

You took a deep breath and hit send just as the garage door opened up. Hearing the jingle of the cat collar coming from the guitarist's belt loop, you rolled your eyes and pushed your phone back into your pocket. Tommy opened the door to the passenger door of his sports car, making you smile at the slight gesture. You climbed in and quickly took the hair tie from your wrist, throwing your hair into a messy bun before the guitarist jumped in next to you.

"Lunch first or clothes shopping?" Tommy asked, reaching in the back seat and grabbing a baseball cap.

"Shopping, I'll need a nap if we do lunch first," You replied, buckling your seatbelt.

"Oh, you'll need one after we get home, before dinner tonight. I think I'm still going to convince you who I want," Tommy said, turning the car on and pulling out of the driveway.

"Can't wait," you replied, reaching over and giving his thigh a tight squeeze