Part 27

Later That Afternoon

You sat alone in the back of the plane gazing out the window at the clouds. After Tommy stormed out of the room over the envelopes, the two of you had not spoken to each other. Tara had suggested the four of you go straight to the airport and skip breakfast, as she stared at you with a sad smile. The two of you had hoped your relationships wouldn't be as rocky with the guitarist and drummer as they were becoming. Feeling an arm on your shoulder, you jumped, finding your boyfriend suddenly sitting next to you.

"Hi" he said sadly

"Hello" you replied, turning back towards the window.

"If you don't want to talk to me, I understand, but will you listen to what I have to say?" Tommy said.

"Is it going to be something new or the same shit that gets you on my good side until something else happens that makes you look bad?" You snapped, still not facing the guitarist.

"Woman, you drive me insane! The band image stuff has nothing to do with me and you. I want to talk about us. Now, can you not be a child and talk about this?" Tommy asked sternly.

"Let me start with this. You can't talk to me like you did in Tara's room. I won't go through that with someone else." You replied,

The two of you sat quietly for a moment and stared at each other. You could see by the expression on the guitarist's face you knew Tommy was trying to find the right words to say to stop the fight from escalating any further than it already had. He ran his hand through his hair and grabbed your hand, kissing each knuckle gently.

"I don't know what's in those envelopes, and I'm just as terrified as you are to find out. They could just be love notes from your abusive ex for all we know. All I know is Tara made a promise to your dad that she wouldn't let you open them until she felt you were ready. You are so quick to run off, with me not knowing what in them I worried it would set you off, and you'd run right back to the life you don't deserve. I wanted us to be home together when you opened them, so WE could figure out what to do," Tommy said.

"You're jealous?" You asked with a small smirk.

"Jealous of what? Kevin has nothing on me at all. He's a punk and I'm a man. That's why I don't put up with the high school games. I don't want you to get hurt by any of this. You said you wanted to get away from the past but these hold it." Tommy replied, pulling the envelopes out of his jacket pocket. Looking from the packages to the guitarist's face, not sure what he wanted.

"What do you want me to do, snatch them away from your hands and open them? You say you don't want the drama, but those could hold a lot of answers from my childhood. They could be from my mom, brother, or my pops. If Gene got into your head about something other than me being in debt, you need to tell me right now. We promised each other to be honest, but I seem to be the only one holding up my side of that deal." You said, staring the guitarist in the eye.

"Gene supposedly knows that one of your relatives is locked up," Tommy told you

"Locked up as in jail? Who is it, my mom or brother?" You asked, confused.

"Not in jail but in a mental hospital." the guitarist said, staring at you intensely.

"Okay, but who?" You asked, again.

"Y/N I dont know that's why I wanted to get home and do some research. My bandmate likes to exaggerate, but now these fucking envelopes are making everything worse," Tommy said, with a groan.

You looked back out the window, trying to collect your thoughts over all the new information that was given to you. There were so many directions the situation could go for your relationship with Tommy. You knew Gene would probably be the best person to get more information on the mental hospital comment. The guitarist grabbed your hand, pulling you away from the window.

"Sweetheart, talk to me. What do you want to do?" the singer asked.

"Lock those up for a couple of weeks, but I want to talk to Gene and find out where he got the information from. I know it may be hard since I hit his wife, but you have a charm that makes people cave," You said, with a smirk.

Tommy flashed a smile and leaned over to kiss your lips softly, making you both sigh at the tension leaving the both of you. The guitarist placed his hands on your face to keep you from breaking away from him. The two of you exchange delicate kisses between each other until Tommy swiped his tongue across your bottom lip for access. Just as you went to open your mouth for the guitarist, you felt someone tap on your shoulder. You jerked away from the guitarist and screamed, finding Tara looking at you with a huge grin.

"You are a bitch!" You yelled.

"I've been calling for you from my seat, so this is the only option I had. It's your fault," Tara replied.

"You and Eric were made for each other. What do you want Tara," Tommy snapped.

"I need to talk to you guys about that," She said, looking away

You and Tommy nodded your heads at the younger woman. Tara took a deep breath and fired out her question, making your stomach turn. The guitarist and you looked at each other with wide eyes and your jaws opened. Tommy jumped up from his chair and patted Tara's shoulder before heading toward the front of the plane.