Part 36

(Tommy POV)

The guitarist stood against the railing of the deck looking at his ex-wife, feeling the anger dripping off of him. He had spent six months repairing his broken heart after Amber had walked out on him for some other show business bozo with no reason why. You had been the best thing that had happened to the guitarist in the last year since the nightmare and Tommy would not let his ex, or anyone else, ruin it.

"What the fuck was that about? You think you can just say whatever you want to my girlfriend and get away with it? I let you do that shit when we were together, and it caused nothing but trouble." Tommy asked, sternly.

"It was a joke Tommy! Would you lighten up? You're always so sensitive over the people in your life." Amber replied, rolling her eyes slightly,

"No, it wasn't a joke, Amber. What did you and your new man break up and you want to come pawing back at me again?" Tommy asked

"Maybe?" She replied

Tommy ran a hand through his dark black hair and turned away from the woman, pacing back and forth, feeling his mind going faster than a speeding train. He stopped and looked through the glass door, seeing you talking to his older brother with the saddest look on your face. The guitarist felt his heart crumbling into a bunch of pieces as he put his hand on the handle to open it. Amber put her hand on the back of his shoulder to stop Tommy from leaving the backyard. He turned around slowly, and she grabbed his face, pressing her lips against his, making the guitarist cringe instantly. Tommy grabbed Amber's shoulders and gently pushed her away from him, shaking his head at her, just as the back door opened.

"What the fuck are you two doing" A voice called from behind the guitarist

—-----------------------------------------

(Reader's POV)

You followed Jim to the living room and smiled softly as he went straight to the liquor cabinet, grabbing the tequila bottle and two shot glasses. He filled both of them to the rim and then walked carefully back to you, handing you one of the shot glasses. You shook your head as the memories of your first night alone on the ship with Tommy came flooding back to your mind. Taking the shot glass you quickly drank the contents barely wincing as the liquid slid down your throat. Jim smiled at you, and pointed to the couch inviting you to sit down with him.

"Well, this has been an interesting evening, and you didn't even have to try my sister's cooking yet." Jim said

"Tommy warned me that Amber might be here, but I thought she would be civil and that your sister wouldn't hate me." You replied with a sigh, as you looked out the sliding glass window.

You could see Tommy's face turning red as he waved his hands back and forth at his ex-wife. There had been very few times you had witnessed the guitarist pissed off, and it looked like the woman had lit the fuse. You sat the shot glass on the table and looked back at Jim, seeing he was staring off to the backyard as well with a huge smile on your face, making you wonder what was going on in his mind, too.

"What's so funny?" You asked.

"He never stood up to her when they were married. That woman got away with everything. Now it looks like being with you has given him some confidence," Jim replied.

"Tommy and I have our moments, too. I'm sure he's told you we broke up once already. I'm not that great of a person Jim, I'm sure Amber meets all of Tommy's and the family's needs or wants better than I ever could." You said, with a sigh..

"Nonsense, you are more down to earth and wholesome. My brother smiled more with you in a year than he did with her in twelve. Hell, I'm just waiting for him to pop the question to you." Jim replied, walking back toward the liquor cabinet.

"Well, you may wait a bit. We just got back together after my father died, and I don't think your brother is going to rush into another marriage. I mean, we haven't even talked about the future." You said.

The sound of a thud outside caught your attention, and you stood up, heading toward the back door. You looked out, seeing the guitarist pressed against the glass with Amber's lips attached to his. Feeling both anger and sadness, of course through your body at the sight of the two locked together, you weren't sure if you should leave and pack, or confront the pair of them. You opened the back door just as Tommy pushed the woman away from him.

"What the fuck are you two doing?" You yelled.

Tommy spun around and looked at you with a shocked expression written all over his face. You felt the tears pool in the corner of your eyes as you looked from the guitarist to Amber, seeing the smile spread across her face. The guitarist attempted to wrap his arms around you, but you pushed him away, marching straight to the woman and slapping her across the face.

"Y/N, honey, you need to calm down and let me explain, okay?" Tommy said, stepping in between the middle of you.

"You two want each other again? Fine! I hope you make each other just as miserable as before, because I'm out of here." You yelled, turning on your heels and running out the door.

"Y/N WAIT!" Tommy screamed.

You ran past Jim and the other, heading straight for the front door as the tears streamed down your face. Out of everyone in your life, you had thought you had finally met someone that wouldn't break your heart like Kevin had. You dug in your pocket for your phone, quickly searching for Tara's number and trying to control your breathing. As you pressed the call button, you heard footsteps chasing after you down the sidewalk as you headed toward Tommy's house. After several minutes, a familiar voice came across the line, making you cry harder and you stopped in your tracks.

"You need to come get me. It's over." You said into the phone.