Part 16

An hour later,

The afternoon had quickly faded into night, as everyone in the home enjoyed more food and more alcohol for the adults. You sat on Tommy's lap with your arms wrapped around his neck while listening to the group chatter loudly on the backyard patio of Paul and Erin's home. You drifted your eyes over to Eric and Evan talking back and forth, as if the teenager was an adult. Evan stood up and headed to his father, leaning down to Paul's ear to whisper something before stepping into the house and shutting the sliding door.

"How are you feeling?" Tommy asked, wrapping his arm tighter around you

"A lot better than before, I guess more free," you replied, smiling at him.

"I think maybe we've both had too much of the margaritas, and shots. I'm still amazed at how well Paul got them down," the guitarist said, shaking his head.

"Hey Paul, it's good to see you don't need a sippy cup anymore to take your shots!" You yelled, grabbing your drink.

"What?" Paul asked, confused.

The group of adults started laughing hysterically at the singer as they realized what you had been referencing. Tommy pulled your glass away from you, sitting it next to his and wrapped you in a tighter hug, keeping you from moving your arms. You looked at him, seeing the drunken smirk dancing across his face and the wheels turning in his head. He moved his mouth over to your ear, his hot breath making the goosebumps rise on your arms.

"I think we should take a walk, go tour Stanley's house, help you sober up some," Tommy whispered.

"Is that all you want to do, just a quick walk, not take a quick ride?" You whispered back, nipping at his lips.

Tommy let out a low groan and leaned his head into your shoulder, slowly trying to steady his breathing from the small comment. You smirked and looked back at the group, hearing Eric talking about the bells he had been hearing for over the past couple of weeks since his first visit to Tommy's house. Feeling the guitarist lift his head up from your shoulder and clear his throat, you knew trouble was about to begin.

"Aww what's the matter Elf Boy? Can't find where the signal is coming from to go back home?" Tommy asked.

"Okay, what the deal with the Elf Boy stuff? I've been hearing about it for the last week, and now spaz boy has been even asking my kids if they have heard any bells." Paul said.

"Eric got super drunk at my house and swore Elves were going to take him back to the north pole," the guitarist replied.

"See what weird though is I heard them that night too, but we just thought it was Eric and I being tired from the trip, plus being drunk. The only time I heard it was when Tommy was near." Tara said, as she grabbed her drink.

"Its just a little cat collar hooked to Tommy's belt. My first few days at his house, the man kept scaring the shit out of me because I couldn't hear him coming, no pun intended. I told him I was going to get a cat collar so I can always find him. We found this one at the local grocery store. Tommy, being a smartass, wears it when we go out, which was why Eric will always be Elf Boy to me." You replied.

"Wait, let me see that, please?" Paul asked, standing up.

"Okay. If this is going where I think it is. I don't wear it like you do off stage it's just a little reminder." Tommy replied, handing the singer the collar.

Paul held the white studded collar in his hand, moving it around slowly in his hand with his thumb flicking at the bell. The area stayed silent as everyone waited for the singer or even the drummer to make some kind of remark about the damn collar. After a few minutes, Paul started laughing and took a seat in the chair next to the two of you. Glancing up, you saw Tommy's face red from embarrassment and guilt at the little secret being out.

"Good thing you didn't use this around your neck. Thayer or those hickies would look a lot worse. You need a German Shepard sized collar. If either of you need advice on where to go for that stuff, just let me know," Paul said, walking back toward the kitchen.

"TOLD YOU TARA YOU OWE ME TWENTY BUCKS!" You yelled,

"Shit, Eric, give her some money for that bet," Tara murmured

"You'll have to wait until we get back to the hotel." Eric said,

"I think its time for some more shots!" Erin yelled, chasing after her husband

Paul let out a loud groan, making everyone laughs at the older man. You moved to get off of Tommy's lap. Tommy pulled you to a stop quickly as his muscular arms tighten around you. He moved the hair away from your shoulder, leaving your neck exposed. You attempted to focus on your friends exiting the porch and ignore the man's hot breath on your cool skin. Tommy leaned up and nipped at the tender spot behind your ear just as Eric left the porch.

"I think its time we sober up a bit," Tommy whispered, as he released his hold.

"That sounds like an excellent idea. Just don't make the tour too quick, please," You whispered back, standing up.

Tommy grabbed your hand and led you through the house, ignoring everyone's glances at the two of you. You felt your face heat with slight embarrassment, while excitement pulsed through your body at what the guitarist had planned for you.