Chapter 7: 5 Million

Athena's pov

It's been over a month since me and Lucky spent the day together. I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss him. It was hard trying to even sit down for 5 minutes with everyone stressed about every little thing. Mia told me it's been the same with him that at points he'll stay up over 48 hours.

I wish I could go back to that night, the sun setting, spending the night talking for hours under the stars and driving home with the sun rising. Getting home that night I was bombarded with questions that I didn't feel like answering. "Athena hurry up and start getting ready. We have less than 2 hours left" Mom starts rushing me basically throwing me into the bathroom.

This stupid ball hasn't even startred and I already want it to end. Doing what I need to do in the bathroom takes about 30 minutes now resulting in my having my hair in a pony tail while I put on my dress.

I'm glad it's a simple black spaghetti strap dress with a slit going up my thigh. The messy mop on my head gets pulled back into a bun showing off my new earrings. Parring the outfit with black heels I've officially finished with 45 minutes to spare.

Walking downstairs everyone has their dates. We'll expect a solo as always. Alessandro and Rina, Aneglo and Viola, Agosto and Capri, lastly Adriano with Mia he finally worked up the balls to ask her. I think their kids were more happy to hear 'sleepover' than anything.

"Let's go, let's go, it takes an hour to get there, we're already 15 minuets behind and we should have been left" Dad rushes us to the limo that is waiting outside. Getting in first I sit all the way at the end as everyone piles up in the car.

The drive was full of different conversations as I stood quiet observing every little thing. My father talking to my brothers makes their ego's grow rapidly. Their partners are scared to leave their side or make a single move as if they will disappear. "Maybe you'll get a date for the winter ball" Father looks at me as I give a face of disgust. "Yeah no I highly doubt that i'll even be here for that" I respond leaving him with a questioning look.

Just as he went to say something the driver announced that we were here. Father was the first to leave the car as a long line of people went right after him leaving me last. "Please don't do anything stupid" Alessandro tells me with a soft look on his face. "I'll try" I give him a fake smile as we walk up the staircase.

Why are there so many damn stairs? Couldn't it be on the ground floor. Walking in, everyone stops looking at us with whispers. The stares continue as I walk in front of my brothers, giving me a look of anger. They're not the one wearing heels they need to get their panites out of their ass. Sitting at our designated table is a relief those damn stairs were too much for my feet. "You just couldn't do it" Alessandro sits down across from me.

"Calm down I haven't even done anything yet because I walked infront of you grow the fuck up" I spit out as his face starts show more anger. "Okay why don't we all just calm down? '' Adriano tries breaking the growing tension at the table.

Alessandro's eyes stare at mine with rage as I wait for him to reply "I don't think im the one who needs to grow the fuck up. Last time I checked you spent 2 years with a guy to then figure out he cheated on you. Pathetic couldn't even keep a relationship yet im the one who has to grow up" he scoffs making everyone freeze leaving me with my heart aching from the painful memory.

"Yeah I might not have been able to keep a relationship but just remember how I fucking got my nickname" I stand up from the tabel making my way to the bar full of men with there dates all over them. Sitting at an empty stool I order a vodka redbull watching the clear liquid getting poured into a cup. I feel a presence sitting next to me. "You look lovely tonight Athena" Recognizing the voice I turn to the side to see him eye to eye.