Epilogue

A/N-

Welcome to the final chapter <3 

 You all probably hate me right now but this is going to help you guys like me hopefully. The whole thing is in Lucky's pov for a reason and yes you will cry but the last few lines will make it so much better. I didn't lie when I said Athena and Lucky will get a happy ending eventually. 

-----------------------------------

Lucky's pov

It's been 2 weeks since she's been gone. 2 weeks since I lost the love of my life. Today is her funeral. This will be the absolute worst. No one should have to bury their soulmate due to a bullet. A bullet they didn't deserve. A bullet that wasn't for them. Only a few more seconds I would have noticed it I could have saved us both.

These past 2 weeks haven't been the easiest. Taking care of Santo, Gio and Luciano, working, trying to find the shooter hasn't been a walk in the park.

If Santo isn't drinking his life away he's drowning himself in work. I check on him at night to make sure he's still alive with the amount of straight liquor he's drunken.

"Santo, are you sure you're not going?" I ask him seeing him play with Luciano. "I'll stay here watching them. I promise I won't drink till you get back. I just can't see her like that" His voice cracks

"I get it please take care of Them and yourself" I plead I don't think I can handle more death.

"Dad you know I'll protect them with my life" He pulls the kids closer to him as his eyes go back to the screen. I make my way to the car letting out a breath I didn't even know I was holding in.

I have to stay strong for my kids. I can't let them see me weak. I have to stay strong for them.

I pull up to the service knowing this would be the last time I see the person who saved me.

2 years later

"Daddy, do we have to go today?" Luciano pouts as I tie his shoes. "Yeah bud we gotta go. You get to see your cousins'' he crosses his arms pouting.

It's been 2 years since Athenas been gone. 2 years that have been full of regret. Santo is 22, Luciano is now 5 and Gio is 3.

Each day that goes by the more I worry they're going to realize their mom is never coming home. "Do we have to stay long?" He questions following me into Gio's room.

"I don't know but if you get tired let me know I'll take you and your brothers home" I help Gio put on his clothes. "Dada cookie please" His grey eyes look into mine and I can't help but smile.

Her eyes

There's not a single night I don't dream of her. I selfishly wish I could join her but I would never leave my kids with that pain. Giovannis been taking it hard. He cries everyday for her to come back. He sleeps with the purple elephant she gave him. He holds onto it for dear life. Seeing a picture of her set him off so he begs me to tell her to come home. If only he knew how much I wished she could come home too.

"You both can have a cookie when we go downstairs" Luciano jumps in the air yelling yes and I let out a light laugh.

The only three people who could make me smile nowadays are my three kids. The reason I keep pushing forward is for them. Everything is for them. It has to be for them. Without them I would have left this dull world when my love left.

I grab Gio as Luciano runs down stairs already in the kitchen. "Woah slow down flash you don't want to fall and get hurt" Santo picks up Luciano placing him on the counter.