Chapter 22: Cancún

Lucky's pov

Looking out the airplane window you can already see the clear ocean with the palm trees standing tall as the night sky shines against it making it like something you would only see in a movie. I look at Athena who stares in awe at the plane moving, making my heart full up with joy.

Seeing her grey eyes light up with excitement makes me feel happy knowing she's not stressed but rather at peace feeling free with no worry of having to look over her shoulder.  "She needed this more than anyone else" Mia says sitting across from me putting her feet up on the chair. "She did need this im glad we all had the chance to go away"

"If I would have known you two were this good for eachother I would have made you two meet sooner" She smiles looking at us as Athena still stares out of the window. "I think it was meant for us to meet the way we did"

"I never thought I would hear you say that ever oh my god I feel like a proud mom" She wipes her fake tears as I roll my eyes with her exaggeration. Mia was always like a sister to me. I never let anything happen to her. When I saw the way Adriano looked at her I knew she was safe. I knew I could let her go. Leo knew he had to let his twin find love but I could tell he wished it wasn't so soon.

Athenas pov

Santo gets too involved in his laptop to notice anything going on around him. The plane starts to drop in altitude signaling us that we are close to landing. It comes to a smooth stop as the flight attendants take out bags to the cars waiting on the runway for us. "Can we order food when we get to the resort?" Santo asks, sitting in the car as I nod.

"Hell yeah we're getting food i'm hungry" I tell him sitting next to Lucky as Leo sits next to him. There's more than enough rooms in our suite or penthouse shit there so Leo is just staying with us. It's only 9:30, not that late but everything feels so alive right now. Going into the resort many people are with family, friends or their partner dressed for the night.

Live shows play from different parts of the resort. The palm trees have lights wrapped around it shining against the various other lights. "Holy shit Lucky this place is beautiful" Adriano looks around in awe. I don't even have words for it.

Everything is just so perfect

Lucky wraps his arm around my waist as workers from the hotel start to load our bags onto carts. Walking to the front desk, the inside looks even better. The different patterns on the wall in contrast with the many chairs and bars in the area. A light show is starting outside as the kids run over to look at it. Lucky signals to one of his guards as 4 or them follow behind the kids making sure nothing happens to them.

"Ah Mr. Morelli, it's great to see you again. All the rooms are ready for 18 people. I just need confirmation that it is for one week?" The lady at the front desk asks, smiling at him. "It's great to see you to Maria and yes it's for one week"

"Your all set then, these wristbands are specially made for you guys anywhere you would please there is no wait time just show them that. As for the younger kids, whenever the parents would like time for themselves there will always be our top workers ready to take care of them for the time being. Front desk is 24 hours long. Don't hesitate to call. We are always at your service. We hope you enjoy your stay!" She says with excitement handing us the wrist bands. Lucky helps me put mine on before putting his on.

"Thank you Maria" He tells her before we get escorted to a private elevator bringing us to the top floor. Our bags are in front of the doors telling us whose room is whose. Lucky opens the door revealing the large living room. Stepping in it gets even more big as the living room extends into the big open kitchen. "Come on bambina" He leads me into the room farthest from everyone else on the other side of the penthouse.

Walking down a private hallway he opens the door showing a king size bed in the center of the room with a private balcony, and it's own bathroom attached. "This is amazing" I lay on the bed as he lets out a light laugh.

"It's all ours" He lays next to me as I stare into his icy blue eyes. The eyes that I've been in love with since I first saw them. The eyes that make me feel safe. "Amore I love you" He pulls me closer to him as I take in his comforting scent. "I love you more bambina forever and always" I lay my head on his chest smiling at the thought of the future.

"What do you say we stay in and order food?" He asks, running his thumb up and down the side of my hip. "As long as i'm with you I don't care what we do" As he starts to order the food I hop in the shower letting the water hit my entire body wetting my hair.

The shower door opens as Lucky comes in joining me. I take the soap, putting it all over my hands as I rub it all over his body. He does the same for me before washing my hair. "Amore your to tall I can't reach your head" I pout as he sits on a large built in shower bench.

Running my hands through his natural dirty blonde hair he holds my waist letting me wash his hair. I rinse off the shampoo from his hair by putting in the conditioner with my hands. We stay in this position for a little longer before our fingers turn wrinkly.

I put a towel on my head wrapping one around my waist as well before finding a pair of shorts to wear. I take one of Lucky's t-shirts. It lands right under my butt making it seem as if I have no shorts on. I lay on my stomach as Lucky brought in the food, placing it on the counter top. "Let's eat outside?" I ask him as he nods, bringing it out.

His blue basketball shorts hang low on his hips showing right where his happy trail ends. My eyes stay glued on his body as I sit on the long couch laying down. "Your ass looks good in those shorts" He smacks it making me yelp a bit. "But it looks better when you're naked on my lap" He whispers, making me without a doubt turn red.

The butterflies form in my stomach as he lifts up my shirt placing small kisses on my back. "Amore the food" I whine to him as he stops pulling my shirt back down. Sitting up he sits next to me handing me a plate of warm food.

"Imagine us in a year, where do you think we'll be?" He asks, looking at me with worry for my answer. One year, 365 days 52 weeks. I've thought about how our future would be many times. I don't see one without him. I can't see one without him. He's the only drug I will continue to take until the day I die. Till the day I take my last breath.

"In a year maybe we'll be married with another kid or we'll be taking another step in our lives. Honestly as long as I'm with you I'm fine the world could be falling as long as you're with me I'm not scared. I don't fear death I fear not being with you anymore the thought of not waking up and seeing you or being able to be in your arms. The thought of you not seeing me is what I fear" I put my feet on his lap leaning back on the couch putting down the plate.

"I fear one day you'll find someone better and leave me. There will never be another you, Athena. If anyone was to break my heart it would be you. I couldn't live in a life with you not in it" He rubs my legs smiling to himself. "You know I wouldn't do that to you I love you to much for that"

My heart isn't full without him in it. It'll be that empty piece that will be missing almost like a puzzle piece. The puzzle is ruined when even one piece is gone. That's how it would feel without him. I never thought I could love someone as much as I love him.

It sounds cliche to say but the moment when the world stops and you just focus on the person who makes you the happiest is when you know that's your savior.

--------

Hey besties!!

Thank you 23K+

Wattpad would not let me publish this chapter

Q/A- What's your favorite song?

Mines this week is probably The night we met by Lord Huron

1558 words

-Yaniris0919