Chapter 40: His Fathers Child

Athena's pov

Lucianos has been home for a week and barely sleeps at night. His loud cries are heard from the baby monitor. "I got it Amore" I get out of the bed walking over tiredly to Luciano screaming his lungs out. I pick him up, rocking him around the room.

He still cries loudly when I sit on the rocking chair. Hungry, that's what he is. Once I start feeding him he quiets down. I take out his burping cloth holding him close to my shoulder. Blue peaks his head through the door laying at the head of Luciano's crib.

Still half asleep I burp him cleaning his face. His icy eyes stare at me as a light sneeze escapes. Lucky walks into the nursery standing behind me holding my waist resting his chin in my head.

Luciano falls back to sleep. I set him down in his crib putting his small blanket around him. "He was hungry?" I nod my head yes watching Luciano sleep.

"Come on let's go back to bed" Lucky walks behind me walking us back to our bed. My tired body hits the soft mattress. Lucky wraps me under his body kissing my forehead. "I love you bambina"

"I love you more Amore" I close my eyes enjoying the few hours of sleep I'm going to get.

That's exactly why I got only about 4 hours of sleep until Luciano started to cry again. Me and Lucky both get up. He tells me he's going to take care of Luciano for right now. I quickly brush my teeth before preparing a bottle for him. I'm too tired to breastfeed.

I walk into the room to see Lucky holding him tightly while they both sleep on the rocking chair. I lightly walk to them standing in front of them. I take the baby from his arms and he wakes up pulling Luciano closer to him. "You scared the shit out of me" He rubs his eyes yawning.

I fed Luciano his bottle holding it up for him. "Do you know what time you're coming home?" Luciano finishes the bottle quickly. I grab her burping cloth resting him on my shoulder. "Hopefully before seven but I have no idea" Lucky washes his face, waking himself up.

I change Luciano's dipper resting him next to me on the bed changing his clothes. "I think Mia and Bianca are coming later. '' I tell him as he walks out of the closet dressed in his tailored suit.

His tattooed hands run through his hair playing with it. The ash blonde is the same one that Luciano got. Each day that goes by he looks more and more like Lucky. "I think everyone is coming over, they all want to see Luciano" Who wouldn't have a cute ass baby.

"Alright I'm leaving before I decide to stay" He kisses me before leaving to the warehouse. Looks like it's just me and you today Luciano. Santo is with Aurora; he'll probably be back later.

Might as well start to do something useful. I go into my home office placing Luciano in the rocker next to my desk. The dogs all lay next to him as if they were building a wall of protection.

The untouched paperwork put into two stacks calls my name. I haven't done any in about a month. It piled up quickly. I take the first file looking over the shipment request. Yeah this is definitely going to take the whole day to do.

Luciano is definitely his fathers child. Every half an hour he would wake up from his sleep either hungry or just wanting attention. "I almost killed this newbie but I think he got the message now" Mia comes in wiping the sweat from her forehead.

Training newbies isn't easy. They want to do everything we do but don't want to do the hard work. Eventually they get it and fall into place but there's always a few who try to break my rules. "If he keeps trying anything Adriano will gladly put a bullet between his eyes." She smiles hearing Adrianos name.

I'm so glad they finally got together. For years the tension between them was strong. When she found out Adriano accidentally got someone else pregnant she was devastated. Once she saw that Gabrieles excuse for a mother wanting nothing to do with him she took the position of his mother.