One Year Bonus

Lucky's pov

The last few days in the warehouse have been stressful. Between training recruits and running to meetings, it's something new every day. Athena told me I needed to take a few days off. I agreed with her but only if she took off days too.

We both decided we needed a week off even If it was just here at home relaxing. Yet I am sitting here in my home office looking over mission files.

"Lucky I swear if you keep feeding them sweets before dinner I am going to kill you" Athena yells at me coming into my office. She holds Giovanni in one arm while holding Luciano's hand in the other. "How do you know I fed the sweets?" She glares at me, letting go of Luciano's hand.

It's like the second she let go an electric bunny took over him. "That's how and not even half of the cookies I made are there" She groaned. I stood up grabbing Luciano before he had the chance to run out of the room again.

I throw him over my shoulder and he lets out a loud laugh. "Daddy but I want to play," He says I take him downstairs sitting him in his chair. "Yeah but right now we have to eat dinner" He groans, hitting his forehead on the table.

Athena puts Giovanni in his high chair and he looks at her with a pouty lip. His face is stained with tears. "Why is Luciano sleeping?" Santo says coming inside with Rory. I look at his closed eyes, sighing. "Luci come on you can sleep after dinner" I wake him up he groans.

The food gets put on the table Luciano moves it around. "Luciano it's good you've eaten it before"

"I know but now I'm tired"

"Because of all the sugar you had."

"Come Luci I'll feed you" I pull his chair closer to me he lazily sits up huffing. Giovanni has food all over his face but that's simply because for more than Athena tries to feed it to him he takes the food with his hands. "Daddy I'm full" I picked Luciano up bringing his plate to the kitchen.

Athena picks up Gio who doesn't fight with her. He rested his head on her shoulder, closing his eyes and hugging her tightly. Luciano lets out a deep breath. I go into his room putting the A/c down a bit.

I wrap him in the blanket and his eyes become droopy. That's sugar for you. "Good night daddy. Can you tell mommy I love her"

"I will. Good night bud I love you"

"I love you more daddy" I leave his door half open seeing Athena holding Gio. She rocks him, rubbing his back. "It's alright baby I know you're tired" He sniffles out tears as I go into the room. He hasn't been feeling the best the last couple of days.

Athena's been staying up most of the night with him. "He refuses to drink his medication now. He won't eat and he won't stop crying. His fever is slowly getting higher. Lucky I don't know what else to do" Athena says trying to get Gio to stop crying. "We need to take him to the doctors" She sighs, pressing a kiss to her forehead.

"I'll give it a little longer, go to sleep I'll wake you up if anything"

"I don't sleep right without you. It's fine I'm not tired anyways"

"Lucky you need to sleep, even if it's for ten minutes. I got him." She holds the crying baby to her chest, rubbing his back. I press a kiss to her cheek wiping the tears falling down Giovanni's eyes. I go into our room and lay down. I stare at the ceiling for what feels like forever.

I never sleep well without Athena by my side. On top of that Giovanni being sick doesn't help it. I can't sleep knowing she's up with him. I should have sent her to bed and stood with him. She needs more sleep than I do. Looking at the time it's been 20 minutes and I haven't closed my eyes not once.